You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't access tear shape or heart shape

As you can see by my different posts I am losing a lot of functions within my program.  I am not sure what is going on over the last 6 weeks I am losing more and more features. At least some features seem to be corrected after each update. Thanks for letting me know that it isn't a bug. 

I am just wondering, Suzanne, have you ever tried to use the single tools that are accessible through View > Customise Tools …? That could be a temporary workaround. You could drag the missing shapes to your toolbar, until a definite solution is found …  :)

I didn't even think of that and it worked!!!  I had someone take a look at the set up on my computer as well. The way the computer has been set up since installing serif has worked well for the last year and a half. These new issues just came up since the update before this last one. The last update resolved everything except the pesky freeze on the move tool, but double clicking or exiting out of the program works for now. Last year I had random shapes that would appear within my program and that was a bizarre thing as well, but again one update and they were cleared. Now back to my drawings, I am very happy with such a simple solution. I work such long hours on my illustrations, that sometimes I forget to stop and take a look at the obvious solutions staring me in the face. Again, thanks!!!!!

I am just wondering, Suzanne, have you ever tried to use the single tools that are accessible through View > Customise Tools …? That could be a temporary workaround. You could drag the missing shapes to your toolbar, until a definite solution is found …  :)

That's a great workaround for Affinity Designer! In Affinity Photo (at least in the current Windows beta version) the individual Shape Tools are not available for toolbar customization. :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

As this is a Mac specific bug, that may not be the case though

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Well, perhaps not a bug in our software, but the consequence is items at the bottom of the list near the bottom of the screen are visible but inaccessible if over the system dock.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.