You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush tool cursor

Hi everybody

I wanted to report something anoying when you need to draw precisely (for inking work). The cursor of the brush tool is full of the color you are actually using. If you want that big dot to disapear, you have to start drawing (with a tablet), so that the cursor's size shrink according to the ammount of pressure you give . So it's difficult to place precisely the beginning of your paint stroke. (see screenshot at the bottom, the cursor disapeared when i took the screenshot, so imagine it on top of the black circle)

Is there is a way to change the cursor's behaviour, i didn't find it in the settings.

To sum up, what would be great, would be just to leave the cursor empty when you're not drawing.

thanks for your great work!

post-43696-0-04949500-1480185802_thumb.png

In the English version of Affinity Photo, there is a 'Show brush previews' checkbox when you go to the Edit menu and choose 'Preferences... > User Interface'.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.