You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi.

After a lot of experimenting I have found the only way to export an original 72 dpi jpg image as a resized 300 dpi jpg is to uncheck 'embed metadata' in Export Persona mode. Otherwise the image reverts to 72 dpi when reopened.

Is this the only work-round to do such a fundamental task?  I guess I'm missing something obvious, but I just can't find it.

I’m using Affinity Photo version 1.4.3.

Thanks a lot.

If the original jpg file was set to 72 (or any other) dpi, that setting is stored in the file's embedded metadata. That's why you have to uncheck "Embed metadata" if you want to change it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi Drw.

If you use the export item under the file menu in the photo persona, your settings will stay. The export persona is generally used for blogging and internet transfer, slicing parts of an image and reduces the file size.  Hope that's helpful.

post-5824-0-37342400-1480211286_thumb.png

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

Hi MelG

Thanks for that.  Just what I thought, but I still can't seem to make it work.  When I export at 300dpi and then open the image it's back to 72 dpi.

However, I can successfully resize a 300 dpi image to 72 dpi through the file / export route.

Puzzling !