You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Benefits and rights when acquiring Affinity Photo & Designer?

Hello, I am interested in acquiring Affinity Photo, I really think it is an interesting and powerful application, a strong rival for Adobe Photoshop.

My question is, when I buy the license of this application, what are my rights, what benefits do I receive with their acquisition, regarding the updates, are they free of charge or when would I have to pay back for the application? That is the question.

Thank you for any information you provide before making the decision to purchase both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.

Thanks in advance, best regards.

• Staff

Hi Capdepomt,

Welcome to the forums.

If you're purchasing from the Mac App Store, their end user licence applies. If you're purchasing for Windows, this will be direct from ourselves and we have our own EULA, some information on that can be found here and during the program installation. Currently only Affinity Designer can be purchased direct as Photo is still in it's beta testing phase.

With regards to updates, these will be free as we continue to work through our current development roadmaps for each application.

• Staff

Thanks Lee, We will also have a full copy of the Affinity Store licence available here soon, and I will try to return to this thread with a link.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon