erjart

Problems with the zoom shortcut

Hey guys, how are you?

I'm working with affinity after I participated the beta and it's amazing experience. Great work ;)

But sometimes I try do zoom with the shortcut ctrl+space and doesn't work. If you click first in ctrl (this is my case ^^) before space the shortcut doesn't work and in my mind is automatic.

Thanks guys.

This is not a bug, it is simply the way the shortcut works. The Space Bar is the shortcut for the Pan Tool. If you are using the Pan Tool pressing Ctrl allows you to zoom in.

So you have to press Space Bar first to select the Pan Tool for the Ctrl shortcut to work. If you'd pressed Ctrl first the software wouldn't have the Pan Tool selected for it to work.

Hi Sean.

I migrated from photoshop to affinity and in photoshop the both ways work zoom tool. Your right, the logic is right, but I think for the UX the both ways I think that is better.

Thanks for the answer. ;)

There must be some advantages I'm missing of setting wheel zoom instead (like you can, in preferences in both Affinity and ps ).. I set it so in every app, but so many people, that am starting to think there must be an advantage in using ctrl+space instead...

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.