You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

retouch in equirectangular projection bug

Hello,

I am photographer specialized in the panoramic photo 360 °. The possibility of retouch in a modified projection would be of a big help in my work. It would make economy of the additional conversions (equirectangular / cubic / equirectangular) and would facilitate the retouch of nadirs or of zones that covers 2 cubic faces in the same time.

The promise of this feature was the main cause of my purchase of Affinity Photo. Unfortunately there is a bug in this function (version 1.5.CR). Please analyze screenshots in attached files. I repeated the experience 4 times with the same result.

I use iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late on 2015, with memory of 8 Go + AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 Mb, macOS Sierra 10.12.

Screen 1

I opened with Affinity Photo a panorama 360° saved as the equirectangular projection.

Screen 2

I changed the display of the projection (equirectangular to the rectilinear) and I chose the centring to visualize the zone to be retouched.

Screen 3

The routouche was made but I lost the possibility of navigation inside a sphere 360 ° (impossible to make the next centring and next retouch), my panorama 360 °/180 ° became a simple, rectilinear picture, reframed during retouching process. To get back the whole equirectangular panorama, I decided to leave the rectilinear projection. 

Screen 4

I noticed on the equirectangular panorama:

- My retouch was made.

- 2 strips extracted from my panorama were placed by the top (in the same layer).

Kind regards,

Hubas

attached file: 

www.annecypanoramique.com/TEMP/AffinityProjectionBug.jpg

If you edit your post and press the 'More Reply Options' button, you can attach copies of your files here instead of relying on external links. Don't forget to press the 'Attach This File' button after browsing to the file that you want to attach.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred, but I got a notice:" try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)". Advanced uploader also didn't work for me.

Hmm ... I wonder why neither of the upload methods worked. My first thought was that it might be something to do with macOS Sierra, but I'm sure there must be lots of people without upload problems despite using the same OS as you are. Maybe it's a browser thing.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi Hubas

Thanks for the file. I have made multiple edits to the file and everything is working great for me. The only difference is perhaps the order I do things so please see the order below.

1. Open the file 

2. Layer->Live Projections->Equirectangula

​3. Change the projection by panning to the correct area

4. Re-touch the area using In-painting or clone brush

5. Layer->Live Projections->Edit Live Projection

6. Change the projection by panning to the correct area

7. Re-touch the area using In-painting or clone brush

8. Layer->Live Projections->Edit Live Projection
9. Change the projection by panning to the correct area

10. Re-touch the area using In-painting or clone brush

​11. Layer->Live Projections->Remove Projection 

Two other ways to get to the "Edit Live Projection" mode after re-touching are the move tool context toolbar "Edit Live Projection" and the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+CMD+P.

Also be aware that if you create a new pixel layer when in a projection then you must merge that layer with the original before removing the projection.

I hope that make sense but post back if you are still seeing issues.

Thank you Tony B,

I was trying to change the projection immediately after the re-touching of the first area. If I proceed as you describe (Layer/Live Projections/Edit Live Projection), there is no problem. However, when creating a new layer, it is important to merge it with the original with Command+E. The use of the « Merge all visible layers » or « Document/Make Flat », makes « Remove Projection » inaccessible.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.