You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My first vector art

JotHa

Came across Affinity Designer a week ago in an online article (heise.de, German media). It looked very interesting, but I'm not a professional in art, just an ambitious amateur. The price was just below the better-have-second-thought limit, so I just pressed the button ;) And what should I say, I'm completely convinced that it was worth it! The app is powerful, intuitive and really easy to use. Keep up the good work!

I finished now the first vector drawing I ever did and I'm almost satisfied with the result. Base was a pencil sketch, the drawing is done completely with shapes and curves - no pixel adjustments needed. The piece is the starting point for bigger personal project I have in mind for a longer time - and maybe I will finish it now that I have the tools ;).

I missed there a tool to place a shape or curve along a path. This would've gave much more flexibility when doing the strokes than the power copy. Didn't found it in the Feature Request Index nor on the Feature Roadmap. Is it already there and I just missed it in the app or is not recognized as an "official" Feature Request so far?  

post-43496-0-60941600-1480065348_thumb.png

If that is your 1st vector drawing ever, it is beyond brilliant. If it is the 1st in Affinity, still brilliant. Both sharp and subtle.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Very good! Love it! :)

Cheers

Reality is perception. Perception is reality. You are in charge of both.

iMac  |  21.5  |  Mid 2011                 MacBook Air  |  13 inch  |  Early 2015

2.5 GHz  |  i5 quad                          1.6 GHz  |  Core i5

20 GB Ram  |  10.12.6                     8 GB Ram  |  10.13.6