You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On the current version of Affinity Designer, something new has been added to the Studios.  The first one is 32 Bit Preview.

What is that for?  I was not able to find any information in the help files so don't know what to do with it.  Can anyone help, please?  Oh, and in layman's terms, please.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

Thank you for attaching the Help information on 32 bit Preview.

After noticing it yesterday in View - Studio I repeatedly tried to find information about it using Search in Help. I got no response. There is definitely a problem with how Search in Help works.

After noticing it yesterday in View - Studio I repeatedly tried to find information about it using Search in Help. I got no response. There is definitely a problem with how Search in Help works.

I agree. I tried searching on "32 bit" & on "32-bit," but only "32-bit preview" or "32 bit preview" showed the help topic.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Well, I tried searching for "32 bit", 32 bit, Studio, 32-bit preview and each time I got the exact same results as in my attachment.  The search seems to leave a bit to be desired.  I got absolutely nothing from any of my attempts.

I don't seem to have a lot of luck with the Help search which is why I hop over here to see. I hate being a pest so this is usually my last resort.  Will check out the info you posted though.  Thanks!!!!

OOps.. forgot to add.  I had a photo open when I tried using this and none of the sliders worked. So, I used an image I created.. same results. Nothing on the panel worked.

post-28632-0-94265100-1480102041_thumb.jpg

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104