You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APwin, exported pictures have higher saturation

When I export a picture (jpg, tiff, …) the saturation is always higher than in the original AP-picture. (I print usually JPGs with my printer software. When printing, I have to reduce the saturation in the print program, since otherwise the print would become too intense). I tried several colour profiles – but without success.
Does somebody has any idea, what I can do to correct this behaviour (and get JPGs identical with AP-pictures)?
KoBu

Addition:

I copied a picture in AP and opened it via clipboard in CorelPhotoPaint. Same result: in Corel the picture has more saturation than in AP (see attached file).

post-32342-0-10737600-1480105704_thumb.jpg

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

I tried again:

I sent the picture from AP to AD „edit in Designer“. The image shows no changes in AD. But when I export it in AD I get the same result: the colours are stronger as in the original AP or AD image.

excuse my bad English

Thank you Onur,

I tried this without success.

I've discovered in the meantime that this behavior occurs only with some edited images. There are no problems with simple changes in the pictures. But some changes lead to color changes. Unfortunately, I do not know yet which changes are responsible for this behavior. I'm looking furthermore for the wrongdoer.

KoBu

excuse my bad English

• 1 year later...

Here’s a heads-up: I just ran into the same issue. Never noticed it before, but upon checking I see this to some degree in all 10 exports I checked... 

RGB Profile, also tried to export at different jpg quality levels, and as png rather than jpg. Didn’t make any difference. 

Monitor is Spyder5 calibrated; switching the calibration off maintains difference between AP and windows picture and fax viewer (so I conclude it has nothing to do with loading the calibration settings or something like that). Also windows photo (in win 10) shows me the same jpg. 

Hiding all my edits and basically exporting the background pixel layer doesn’t help either. 

I’m baffled. And annoyed. 

Here’s a heads-up: I just ran into the same issue. Never noticed it before, but upon checking I see this to some degree in all 10 exports I checked... 

RGB Profile, also tried to export at different jpg quality levels, and as png rather than jpg. Didn’t make any difference. 

Monitor is Spyder5 calibrated; switching the calibration off maintains difference between AP and windows picture and fax viewer (so I conclude it has nothing to do with loading the calibration settings or something like that). Also windows photo (in win 10) shows me the same jpg. 

Hiding all my edits and basically exporting the background pixel layer doesn’t help either. 

I’m baffled. And annoyed. 

Update: I figured this might go in the bug report section and there I found:

Opening the jpg in GIMP doesn’t help... GIMP agrees with win photo viewer. And here’s the “fun” part: opening the jpg in AP: not extra saturated. >:-(

Alright, more experimentation after having a good night's sleep. And a good day's work ;)

In RawTherapee, there is a selection box related to profiles and rendering intent. I have been trying to read up on what it DOES but I fail to understand; I probably miss one essential link in the DigitalInformation->TranslationByVideoCard->InfuenceOfMySpyderCalibration->InfluenceOfMyMonitor web of interactions that determines what I see on the screen.

But anyway, when I, in RawTherapee, choose "system default (sRGB Color Space Profile)", I see what Win Photo Viewer shows me. 

If I instead choose "Dell U2412M-1" (i.e., the name that I entered for the profile at the end of the Spyder calibration wizard thingy) RawTherapee matches Affinity Photo.

So this seems related to the viewer and color management somehow after all. 

Which viewer (windows) would be a good choice? Windows photo viewer's main appeal is that it loads very fast (and comes pre-installed ;)) I would like to keep the fast-loading bit ;)