You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be better if the answer and example could be posted here - that way others can benefit.

High-End Photographic Prints

Would be better if the answer and example could be posted here - that way others can benefit.

You're right, DesignMeister, it's best if I post it here ;) .

I passed this link on to Callum, I want to design some objects with a similar stroke like the doll you can see in the image. It's fair to say that the last few days I've been struggling with this issue, and maybe it's not like doodle art lines and I could do so with a calligraphic brush. What do you think about that?

Have you tried double clicking a brush, and then varying the width and opacity settings - this will cause strokes made to vary in width and opacity?

:)

High-End Photographic Prints

Yes, a tablet helps.

But, have you tried the textured vector brushes. There are also a few freebie samples made by AD users. W/o pressure control, only velocity from the mouse, natural looking strokes are pretty difficult..

The pixel painting brushes are quite nice even w just a mouse, but with the down side of not being re-scalable like the vectors.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

I think you can create quite lively lines of varying width using pencil tool in AD. Wacom sure helps here.

Yes, a tablet helps.

But, have you tried the textured vector brushes. There are also a few freebie samples made by AD users. W/o pressure control, only velocity from the mouse, natural looking strokes are pretty difficult..

The pixel painting brushes are quite nice even w just a mouse, but with the down side of not being re-scalable like the vectors.

Yes, a tablet helps.

I think you can create quite lively lines of varying width using pencil tool in AD. Wacom sure helps here.

Have you tried double clicking a brush, and then varying the width and opacity settings - this will cause strokes made to vary in width and opacity?

:)

I am trying out all your ideas with my Wacom, thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmh - I´m pretty sure we´re looking at a pixel image you linked to. So my question is: are you trying to mimic these lines with vector paths? Well - and why?

Cheers

P.

Hello PixelPest,

I wanted to design some objects with a similar stroke like the doll you can see in the image. I played around with the water brush settings and I made it! ;-)