You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

printing tiff-files

I can not print tiff-files om my printer (Canon MG6250). They are showed as a big interrogation mark in Easy Photo print EX and cannot be seected to print.

When i load them in Gimp 2.9.4 I get the following error message:

"Unknown field with tag 51168 (0xc7e0) encountered"

"Incompatible type for 'RICHTIFFIPTC': tag ignored"

Then they load in Gimp but cannot be printed...

Hi Régal

Our tiff export is quite complicated so there is something in the format that both GIMP and Easy Photo print EX does not like. Similar tiff files from PS also throw up these errors which are also pretty complicated. Are you able to print the tiff without using the included Canon software, eg straight form Affinity Photo or directly from Microsoft's picture viewer?

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I can not print tiff-files om my printer (Canon MG6250). They are showed as a big interrogation mark in Easy Photo print EX and cannot be seected to print.

Same here. I believe its because of the compression, since thumbnails of uncompressed TIFs (eg. saved by PS) are shown and printable.

regards,

Ablichter

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.