You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A very bizarre problem with Wacom tablet and macros

I am experiencing a very bizarre problem playing macros with my Wacom pen. When I click on a macro in the library with my pen it turns blue but the macro does not play. It does very occasionally but on most occasions it requires several attempts (usually three or four) before it responds. If I click in the library with my mouse it plays first time always.

I have tried the following:

Verified my Wacom driver is up to date and re-installed it for good measure.

Tried every variation I can think of in tap speed, pressure and duration.

Tried adjusting tip pressure in the Wacom driver.

To check if I had a pen tip problem I have tried mapping the left click to the eraser button and the side buttons. No difference.

I have tried mapping left click to the tablet touch surface and finger tapping. No change.

My tablet and pen work perfectly in every other aspect of AP and AD and in all my other 'pen sensitive' graphic apps as well as in the El Capitan OS. The problem is unique to the Library in AP.

Has anyone else experienced anything resembling this?

Does anyone have any bright troubleshooting ideas?

This is totally bizarre and frustrating.  :(

Mac Pro 2 x Quad Core. OSX 10.11.6. Intuos Touch Pro 5 Large.

The same here.

I have spotted another related issue I guess.

The defaul tool in AP si View Tool.

If you switch to Move tool and use your pen to launch macros (occasionally) it works fine.

But automatically Move Tool switch back to View Tool... And anything is broken again.

Aside fixing this please add the ability to decide the first/default tool selected on launching!

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

In my case this works quite differently. Switching to move tool before trying to execute a macro does not change my problem at all. Its still completely hit and miss with pen and stable with the mouse. So this does not cure my problem at all.

However, when they do run, you are quite correct in pointing out that they switch to the view tool on exit. I hadn't spotted this because I was so focused on the fact that I couldn't get them to run in the first place! I agree with you this is really not very desirable. The move tool or a return to the tool that was selected at the time of entering the macro would be much more desirable in my view.

• 1 year later...

I notice the same problem, I use a wacom intuos small and the only way for launch macro on library panel is right click -> modify macro and run macro from the macro panel.

If in wacom preferences-> Mapping I change the mode to Mouse (instead Pen).. the problem disappeare. 

Wow this is old topic! On the other hand it shows how long nothing has been done to resolve it. In the end I have got so used to it I just use the mouse without thinking.

I have been a loyal Affinity user since its inception. But this is one of a long list of tiny unfinished niggles which infuriate me. Things like deselecting the layer you are working on if you apply a filter so you have to go and find it again for the next operation or not remembering my palette even though it's set as application default, no simple way of combining selections, & ...., & ......., &, ......

It's the tiny things that drive you mad - especially when they are so basic and avoidable.

It's a great app but it could be great deal better mannered! ;)

The application is fantastic, I bought it, I bought Designer and I will buy Publisher when it comes out. These programs are still young and they need time to get better, the development team has a lot to do and I'm sure it's not a simple job. Apart from the small malfunctions I'm happy to have replaced Photoshop and Illustrator, I like Affinity Serif policy and sometimes it is easy to find a solution to solve a little malfunction see what I wrote on the wacom tablet and the launch of macro in pen mode instead of a mouse.

Yes of course. I agree with all you say. The team are splendid. Quite exceptional. AP is a new kid on the block against an experienced twenty year veteran. That's a tough call indeed and what they have done is nothing less that remarkable. I am utterly delighted to leave Adobe behind but not necessarily to leave Photoshop itself behind.  AP is a terrific app, but I have been using it a long time and the longer the tiny omissions niggle, the deeper they niggle. It has a long way to go and I am definitely sticking with it to see if it does, because I really want it to. But I can't say goodbye to PS yet. PS does stuff I need that AP doesn't - just as AP has stuff that PS hasn't. In the end the truth is I can work faster in PS (which may of course be nothing more than old habits not wanting to die) but I don't ....... I always open AP as first call because I want to give it the chance and get to the stage where it's second nature to me.

But sometimes it just won't let me ..............