You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing text in Affinity Designer

Appologies I am not organised enough to complie a list of feature requests so as a new user of AD I'll post issues as I find them.

When selecting text I'd like to be able to edit the text by double clicking it rather than the two operations of selecting the text first and then selecting the text tool.

• Staff

As Neil has said, double clicking the text should insert the caret even with the Move Tool selected. The text should not have to be highlighted first. You can try adjusting the double click speed in the Windows mouse properties. It may be turned up a bit too high so it's worth checking that too. 

Hi,

Double-clicking the text does not work every time.  Sometimes you have to use the "T" key to get inside a text layer.  Not sure why but it does seem to happen more frequently now.

You can split this into another post - i just hate to crowd the board with duplicate issues If i can avoid it.

Ryan.

I am using what I think is the latest version as I have just purchased, v 1.5.0.36. 

If you're using a purchased version, doesn't this thread belong in the Questions forum rather than the Affinity Designer on Windows Beta forum?  :unsure:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If you're using a purchased version, doesn't this thread belong in the Questions forum rather than the Affinity Designer on Windows Beta forum?  :unsure:

maybe, I just assumed that as AD was no longer in beta this forum was now the place for product specific questions. And the questions forum was for non product specific questions. If we aren't supposed to use this forum any more it could be locked to further posts.

• Staff

Hi,

Double-clicking the text does not work every time.  Sometimes you have to use the "T" key to get inside a text layer.  Not sure why but it does seem to happen more frequently now.

You can split this into another post - i just hate to crowd the board with duplicate issues If i can avoid it.

Ryan.

Hi Ryan,

This depends if the text object is inside a group or not. If you have the Move Tool selected you may have to double-click a few times before you can reach it if it's nested deeply in the layer structure. If you have a Text Tool selected and click over the text object on the canvas - even if it's inside a group - it becomes immediately selected.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.