You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Edit original asset

Is there a way to modify an asset from the asset panel directly so that the source is updated?

When I right click on an asset, the only options that I see are rename or delete.

The only way I can think of doing this is dragging the asset to a new document, editing it, deleting the original from the panel and finally adding the newly modified asset back to the panel with the same name.

There's got to be an easier method than this?

post-32700-0-62802800-1479942118_thumb.png

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Same for me! News on that topic?

I just bought AP because I need exactly this function - I didn't even think that such a fundamental thing in a described as a professional software might be missing here.

It's a common situation in design business that the looks of elements need to be adjusted - so like it is now the assets are not useful at all for me. 

I'm totally happy with the way assets currently work and have all my most used customers logos all at hand all set up to precise colours and specs so I wouldn't want to accidentally mess with that, if any edit to the asset once placed on a page, would update in the asset library similar to a symbol, that would be a disaster for my workflow, so could I maybe suggest a further option to the right click options 'edit asset' ? 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 2 years later...

Hm from November 2023

Experienced Quality Assurance Manager - I strive for excellence in complex professional illustrations through efficient workflows in modern applications, supporting me in achieving my and my colleagues' goals through the most achievable usability and contemporary, easy-to-use user interfaces. I know, of course, that Canva guarantees the opposite.

"The opinion of 10000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject" - Marcus Aurelius

macOS/iPadOS M1 + M2 (latest)