Sign in to follow this  
redonwhite

"Only snap to visible objects" doesn't work with alt-clicked layers

I noticed that when I choose "Only snap to visible objects" and I alt-click a layer/group/object to hide everything else, everything else is still a snapping candidate, i.e. it seems only objects with the visibility checkbox unchecked are actually considered "not visible".

How it should be: objects are "invisible" when they are actually invisible in the interface, regardless of the method used to hide them.

Disclaimer: I like AD and respect its creators. I only criticize it because I want to make it better.

Hi redonwhite,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I see you point and will pass it to the dev team. In Affinity when you alt-click a layer you are just isolating it temporarily to edit the object. You are not actually hiding all the other layers. As soon as you click somewhere else in the drawing you exit isolation mode. Only the checkbox in front of each layer controls object visibility.

Hi MEB, thank you for your work on AD :)
Yeah I thought this was the case, just think that it could be more intuitive. Thanks.

Since we are talking about the "isolation" mode, I think it's not very useful right now compared to Illustrator's or say Blender's since you can't even drag-select, as me and many others have pointed out here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/1640-ad-isolation-mode/ 

Disclaimer: I like AD and respect its creators. I only criticize it because I want to make it better.