You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have serveral serious issues with my Affinitiy Designer for Windows. In fact, the program is hardly useful at all.

1. The crop tool does not work at all. What it does is to just move the picture around on the canvas.

2. The "Convert object to artboard" and "Convert artboard to object" menu options are greyed oout.

3. Seems like some tools are missing from the toobox (I have checked the option "Customise tools").

4. Not all tools are working. The "Sharpen brush" has no effect whatsoever.

I can see the potential for this program. But as it is now, there are too many things that does not work.

• Staff

Hi Ernie W

1. Don't drag the image inside the crop area. Use the small bounding box control handles (around the image) to crop it. Dragging the image with the Crop Tool only changes its position inside the Crop mask.

2. You need to have a vector object selected to convert it to an artboard. If there's none selected the menu commands are greyed out. Same for the artboards, you need to have one selected to be able to access the menu command, otherwise it will appear greyed out.

3. All tools are on the toolbar (on the left) but some can only be accessed from the popup menus. Click on the small black arrow on the bottom right corner of some of the tools to open the popup and access the rest of them.

4. Where are you using the Sharpen Brush Tool? Have you tried with an image?