You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

List of working plugins - please add yours!

I would find it quite helpful to create a list of working plugins! I do not use that much plugins but I'd appreciate if the NIK plugins would work.

As supported I get the following ones listed:

- NIK Analog Efex Pro 2 (2.0.12.10, x64 v1.2.11)

- NIK Color Efex Pro 2 (4.3.24.10, x64 v1.2.11)

If all user add their plugins we'll soon have a very useful list! ;)

Cheers, Tom

With Beta 1.5.0 RC1: Portrait Pro (anthropics), all Nik plugins seem to work, Topaz Impressions 1, and Simplify, but if you use one, the other won't work. You have to close and reopen to use the other one.

Filter Forge  6 is now also working properly!

• Staff

Hi TomHH, applewoodj,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I've compiled a list here which will be updated soon. The plugins were tested against version 1.4.3 (MAS) but since then i've discovered a few more issues with some of them and tested and expanded the list to include more developers, so it isn't accurate at the moment.

@TomHH

While only some are listed as supported (the ones in green) you can use a lot more if you check Allow Unknown plugins to be used.

@applewoodj

Filter Forge plugins do work with 8bit images (but not with 16 bit images although the plug-in does support them). Make sure you have a Pixel layer type selected (not an Image layer type).

Most Topaz plug-ins are still unreliable if you use them more than once as you noted. Closing and starting Affinity will let you run them without issues. Some of them work better if accessed through PhotoFXlab inside Affinity.

I tried define and viveza and they both work with the newest beta. Filter forge works on the current regular release, but not on the new beta. If that plugin won't be compatible with the new release, will it be possible to keep a copy of 1.4.3 as well as the updated version, or will that version be wiped up by the new one?

• Staff

As i said that list was tested against an older version of Affinity. The latest Beta 1.5 has improved things for quite a few plug-in in particular the Nik Collection, but there's still a few issues with some of them. Filter Forge also runs on the latest Beta unless you are using 16 bit images. Currently you have to convert them to 8 bit first if you want to use it.

The App Store app will replace the older version with the new one. If you want to keep a backup of the current version you have to do so manually.

@MEB: I know that some of the 'unknown' plugins work. Only checked some very roughly. E.g. Dfine seems to have a  problem with the preview function. If you activate it screen gets messy and unusable. Without it seems to work.

Thanks for your compilation - great!

Cheers, Tom

Must have had a seniors moment! Checked the 1.4.3 preferences and discovered that even though filter forge was on the list, the plugin was not directed to the plugin search and support folders in 1.5.0. I guess I just figured that if the NIK and Anthropic plugins were working properly, that there was a problem with filter forge. Pointed the search and support filters to the filter forge folder and all is well now!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.