You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image flicker at every change

Somebody has some advice for this problem?
Every time I zoom, click anywhere, even looking at the monitor the wrong way the image flicker and seems to reconstruct the preview, it's very annoying, and the contrary of what I see in affinity's video tutorial where appear to be smooth as heck

Hi Vicks

We used a tile preview which allows us to take advantage of the GPU power for rendering. When you move or zoom you change what needs to be shown on each tile which is the cause of the flickering. This usually is too quick to notice especially on higher spec machines. Are you able to provide some specs for you machine? we might be able to recreate a similar setup to look at improving this

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Vicks

We used a tile preview which allows us to take advantage of the GPU power for rendering. When you move or zoom you change what needs to be shown on each tile which is the cause of the flickering. This usually is too quick to notice especially on higher spec machines. Are you able to provide some specs for you machine? we might be able to recreate a similar setup to look at improving this

yeas, I've got an intel I7 2.7 Ghz, Nvidia gt950M, 16gigs of ram, windows 10 64 bit, I swear it doesn't look like a normal rebuilding of the preview, it's more like an annoying pizelation of the image for everything that's going on while using AP, mind you it's not unsuable this way, I still get stuff done but it's really really annoying, far from anyother editing software I've used, that's why I thought I'd report it, it doesn't look like a problem with gpu acceleration, more like a bug, but I understand that if that's the case we still are in a beta release.

Thank you Chris

Hi, what Windows Display Scaling are you using? If it's 200% or higher, it will use a two pass render. The first pass does a low quality render, followed immediately by the high quality version. This is so we can keep the screen updating quickly, even though we're dealing with over 4x the number of pixels.

Is this what you're seeing?

Hi, what Windows Display Scaling are you using? If it's 200% or higher, it will use a two pass render. The first pass does a low quality render, followed immediately by the high quality version. This is so we can keep the screen updating quickly, even though we're dealing with over 4x the number of pixels.

Is this what you're seeing?

seems to be what you're describing, I use 3 screens, all 3 1080p 60hz, and all three are set at 175% scaling

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.