MEB

Why doesn't Affinity Designer display objects placed on the pasteboard?

I didn't drag an object onto the pasteboard last night and observe this, but this is important.

What is the "paste" board for, if not to paste (copy/duplicate and paste) objects onto? I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely intrigued.

Hi DesignerUK, in illustrator the area outside of your document is called the "pasteboard". Typically on a complex project you'll have scraps of shapes and/or ideas not used stored there off to the sides.

I hope this feature will be changed soon (it's really scary when parts of your work seemingly disappear).

Meanwhile I've found that using artboards is a nice temporary workaround for this behavior - just create an artboard dedicated to being an 'pasteboard'.

Hi begem0t,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is an old thread from 2014. You can already place objects on the pasteboard area for both regular documents (go to menu View ▸ View Mode and uncheck Clip to Canvas if it's not already unchecked) and artboard based documents (just drag the objects to the pasteboard area).