You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5 - RC1)

• Staff

Great work, I am looking forward to the new release! Do the export persona improvements include a preview of compressed files? This would be especially great to set up jpg compresseion.

Unfortunately, this was something that didn't get done yet.  The new export persona was a major overhaul, and there wasn't much time to do that bit.  We have to lock down features as we get close to a MAS release, so fixing and polishing rather than continue to add new stuff.

I plan to get it done as soon as possible once we start in the 1.6 Beta cycle.  So, as soon as it is ready you'll be able to get it in the Betas.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Hey Andy, would be great if when the user double click-s on the Clone source in the panel that AP AUTOMAGICALLY selects the Clone tool so one can just click on the image, saving the user having to remember to choose the tool and consequent frustration when nothing happens on a double click on the clone source list.... thanks for an amazing update!

New Clone Sources Panel

We now have a new studio panel which allows you to store up an unlimited number of global sources for the Clone / Healing brush - it even works across multiple documents.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi,

I've downloads and tested the RC and I'm not happy. Nik ColorFX runs only in DEMO Mode. Macphun Filter bring the Application to crash. Topaz Filter bring error messages (Size of the picture 600x400 Pixel!!!)

System iMac 15,1 Retina 16 GB RAM 3 TB Fusion Drive

post-7002-0-15712100-1479838959_thumb.png

Hi,

The beta just rolled out, and I started testing it.

Now I’ve got some questions and remarks, all about the macro functionality.

a) Is there an ability to change the sequence of the steps?

b ) Is there an ability to remove a single step?

c) Is there an ability to add a step in between two others?

d) Does it render all steps 1st and let’s me then change parameters for the interactive steps?

d1) My macro: I duplicate my layer, do an interactive Gaussian Blur step, then mask it fully transparent to brush it in after finishing the macro.

Now I can’t see the blur I apply, because it is already fully transparent.

d2) I have a few steps, then a 1st interactive step, a few steps again, a 2nd interactive step.

When I run the macro, one pop-up window appears, with both interactions. But what if I prefer to do it step by step, seeing the 1st change 1st?

(Like for Skin Retouching using Frequency Separation and Gaussian Blur.)

e) It seems I can check each step on/off. But it always does all.

f) The macro doesn’t record a change in layer visibility without selecting the layer first.

g) While recording, I cannot select a mask layer directly. I have to select the parent first, then the mask in a 2nd step.

h) Is there an ability to change the layer name recorded in the macro?

i) While recording, I cannot set a mask layer name.

This beta is a great step ahead.

My biggest wish:

Please add a sequential macro execution option or add an optional 'wait' for each interactive action! (See d).)

Regards,

Bernd

Can this Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5 - RC1) mounted on top of the purchased version?

They sit alongside each other and do not interfere. So you can just go ahead and install it …  :)

Can somebody please tell me Where is the link for further features requests for any future version?

You can use the Feature Requests forum: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/6-feature-requests/  :)

The amount of effort in such a short time frame to implement the new changes to Apply Image is much appreciated.  And all of those other features and bug fixes too.  Remarkable work, thank you for your effort.

I cannot thank you enough for the time and  effort you put into your extensive library of video tutorials as well.  They perfectly introduce the feature or concept and the range of the video collection is outstanding.

kirk

One of the things that has bugged me on the original AF:

Occasionally when loading a RAW file,  the whole directory is selected and loads.

to exit AF I have to individually select and cancel every one.

It would be good, when exiting the program, to have the option to cancel all of them

The critical bug in panorama generation for groups of people (see my earlier comment on previous beta)  is still present in this release candidate. This is such an obvious problem that I'm concerned about it being carried over into the released product.  It essentially makes the panorama tool unusable at least when used with groups of people. I should mention again that panoramas are working perfectly in the present (1.4.3) release.  Below shows just one small detail of a large panorama most of which is correctly processed but there are a couple of other problem areas besides the obvious detail shown below. 

Correct in present 1.4.3 release

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-21 at 6.43.13 PM.jpg

Release Candidate below

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-21 at 6.41.10 PM.jpg

I hope you filed a bug report so the devs can track it in their ticketing system. Forum post have the tendency to get lost.

• Staff

Hello

I bought Affinity Photo on July 10th, 2015 on Apple Store. My current version is 1.4.3.  Version 1.5 RC1 refuses to open and asks me to buy Affinity Photo yet already installed. What do I do?

Thank you for your help

Do you have Affinity Photo installed and in your Application folder? We look for the App Store version to enable the beta to run.

I got the  email about being a 1.5 release candidate, and I'd love to try it, but until the light gray on jet black user interface is changed I can't use this software, as it causes eyestrain.

Only the outer edges of the UI is darker, the canvas can be lightened to pure white if needed. The jest black is the extreme on the dark end, I don’t think the default is jet black though. There is some adjustment there too.

• Staff

There are number of things i've been waiting for around a year. Can somebody please tell me Where is the link for further features requests for any future version?

The feature request forum is the right place

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/6-feature-requests/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I hope you filed a bug report so the devs can track it in their ticketing system. Forum post have the tendency to get lost.

This is the only place that I know of to communicate with the company. The program sends you to the forum when I go to support from the help menu.  Is there some other place that I should be using to deliver this information?    I can't find an email address on the web site.

The good news: I love the editing capabilities of this new release. It's far improved over the 1.4 release.

The bad news: As far as I can tell, it's still not interoperable with Lightroom, at least with my workflow. 

Typically, I make adjustments to an image with Lightroom (RAW files). For finer editing, I open the image with Affinity Photo, make the adjustments, and then try to save that file back to Lightroom. (This is very easy with Photoshop, not surprising since they're both Adobe products.) I understand I may need to export to a .PSD file. If I'm doing that, I expect the file to be automatically put into the same directory as the original, and then cataloged by Lightroom.

Another workflow is where I have an edited file in .PSD format tracked by Lightroom. Opening the .PSD file, making changes, then saving the file should replace the one in the Lightroom directory. Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. 

And it seems that Lightroom doesn't recognize .afphoto as an image format.

My work revolves around Lightroom. As much as I like Affinity Photo, this limitation is a show stopper for me. 

• Staff

This is the only place that I know of to communicate with the company. The program sends you to the forum when I go to support from the help menu.  Is there some other place that I should be using to deliver this information?    I can't find an email address on the web site.

Hi Alan48,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Support Forums are the only place to report bugs (in their respective section). The Serif's QA team will check/fill a bug report where appropriate.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.