You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

It is a greet program, but I have a lat to learn.

The question is can i use the program PTLENS as plugin?

Or can I do this tinks also in Affinity Photo?, I can not find it.

Sorry for my bad Engels

• Staff

​Hi win,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You didn't specify which platform you are using (Win or Mac). Yes it works as a plug-in in Affinity Photo on the Mac with both 8 and 16 bit images. I believe it will also work on Windows but since i haven't tested it there i can't give you a definite answer.

Hi,

Sorry I'm so late reply but had to do something important.

I forgot to mention that I work with the Windows 10 version.

With PTlens you a picture of a building that has been taken with a wide-angle lens corrigeren, so that the building is right again.

Of course you lose some of the image.

In Affinity Photo I do not get it done.

Hence my question, I can PTLens use as plug-in Affinity Photo.

Sorry for bad English

• Staff

Hi win,

Do you already have the plugin installed and working in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

If so you can set Affinity Photo to use the same folder. To do this go to menu Edit ▸ Preferences, Photoshop Plugins section, click the Add button below the Plugin Search Folders section and point/browse it to Photoshop plugins folder. Also tick Allow "Unknown" plugins to be used on the bottom of the Preferences (Photoshop Plugins) dialog in Affinity Photo. Let me know if you still have trouble (or don't have the plug-in installed).

• Staff

Hi wim,

If the PTlens plug-in doesn't appear when you select Elements Plugins folder it's probably because it's not installed there.

In that case the path you selected is correct. I have installed it on Windows now, unfortunately it's greyed out in Affinity Photo at this point (probably due to an earlier crash report). It's only working on the Mac version for now.

Hi,

Thanks for the update 1.5.0.43,

Just a pity that the Plug-in for ePaperPress still does not work.

Do you think that this will work in the next update?

I work with Windows 10

Kind regards,
Wim

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2016 at 5:35 PM, MEB said:

[...]

I am running into problems with the PTLens plugin, too. It's in Affinity's own default plugin folder (the one that opens when you click the button in the preferences), but it doesn't show up in the list of installed plugins. Please refer to the attached screenshot. Help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 08.55.27.png

H. Baasch • http://baasch.nl (nsfw)

Leica X Vario, Leica X2, Cannon 550D, late 2015 iMac 5K (3,3 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB, 2TB Fusion drive)

• 10 months later...

I have just tried PTLens on my Windows PC. It installs OK. If I use AP Edit > Preferences > Plugins then, after a restart, it appears in the list of Plugins. (I ticked the 'Unknown' box.)  I then try to apply it to an image, and immediately I select the Plugin, AP just closes without warning!

I have tried it as a standalone, and it performs the Perspective correction as requested, but I have not yet found out how to save the modified image!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 2 months later...