You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When you select the freehand lasso tool, you have two additional types you can choose from the beginning of the context toolbar. Polygon is one of them.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Besides, if you are switching often among freehand and polygonal, you can as well, just hit shift and keep it pressed as you go adding dots with the freehand lasso, that'd be actually a temporary  polygonal lasso, double click or just drop shift to finish it. Shift + cursor keys would allow you to move the selection once ended (or click inside and drag), if needed.( Actually like with many tools, it tells you all this in the bottom of the window. :)  )

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Holy crap!  Thanks guys!  I assumed that it would be a button all it's own.  I guess from a UI standpoint it's smarter this way.  I am so used to Photoshop.  

Maybe you can answer another quick question related to the shortcut keys for fill (Background and foreground color)  I can't seem to select alt-delete or Ctrl-delete for fill.  There also only appears to be one key combo allowed for fill too.  This is one I use all the time while masking and it is so ingrained.

Thanks again.

shift + f5 is used equal than in photoshop, to fill canvas or selection, if that's what you mean. There you have fill to foreground or background and others. It remembers last setting you used.

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

i would just use then vector pen tool, having shift pressed would make verticals and horizontals, which I believe is what you want. Then hit -still with pen tool- the button in the top bar, at the left, which says "selection", will convert vectors to selection. You can assign a shortcut to pen, and another to lasso, or use defaults, if you want or need to work a lot with those two.(so no access to icons which can be faster if you have a good access to your keyboard and can deal with working with shortcuts (I do))

i would just use then vector pen tool, having shift pressed would make verticals and horizontals, which I believe is what you want. Then hit -still with pen tool- the button in the top bar, at the left, which says "selection", will convert vectors to selection. You can assign a shortcut to pen, and another to lasso, or use defaults, if you want or need to work a lot with those two.(so no access to icons which can be faster if you have a good access to your keyboard and can deal with working with shortcuts (I do))

Exactly what I wanted. Thank you  :)

You are welcome :)

Then hit -still with pen tool- the button in the top bar, at the left, which says "selection", will convert vectors to selection.

I am not seeing this. At the far left, I just see the stroke and fill.

post-27616-0-96346000-1479828968_thumb.png

Is there a way to have a vector mask? And how and where can I save the paths I created?

You can create pixel masks on vector objects. Select the layer, object, or group that you want to mask, and then click on the second icon on the bottom of the Layers studio. After doing that, you can delete areas using the eraser and lasso selections while the mask is selected. Just keep in mind that it is only a mask, so any selections cannot move from its position unless you are trying to hide them. They stay as cropped objects. If at any point you want to delete your mask and undo all changes, then click on the second "thumbnail" and press the Delete key.

Additionally, you can "clip" pixel brushes on vector objects. Create a new pixel layer and then slide it under the vector object want to add pixel strokes to.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Not sure if has been already answered doing in this way (probably has, not sure if I understood or is the same solution) you can do your vectors with the pen, then hit the button at the very left in the top which says "mask". Now that curve will effectively mask anything affected and you can still modify those curves in a vectorial way to mask the layers you put under its influence.

I am not seeing this. At the far left, I just see the stroke and fill.

attachicon.gifScreenshot.png

ehm...but we are speaking about Photo, right? I see your screen shows it's AD....

as per the text of the OP :

Is there a version of this in Photo

A screenshot to make it clear :

post-31469-0-70987700-1479832888_thumb.jpg

ehm...but we are speaking about Photo, right? I see your screen shows it's AD....

Oh God. I knew that on my original post, but then I guess my thought pattern changed. Silly me.

hehe, no probs   :)