lucasw89

Alt clicking "Add" causes weird bug in Affinity Designer

I was following on this tutorial (

), when affinity designer was a little weird. If you see the screenshot, compare the first to the second. I presume this is a bug.

post-41557-0-24936800-1479772630_thumb.png

post-41557-0-98508500-1479772633_thumb.png

In the absence of a description of your steps to get from Screenshot 1 to Screenshot 2 (which, a little confusingly, are attached in reverse order so that the first one is on the right) it's hard to grasp what you think might be a bug.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

You've piqued my curiosity, Sean. If you can say that it's a known issue, then you must have figured out what the OP is referring to (which, as you may have gathered, I haven't). What's the bug?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

You've piqued my curiosity, Sean. If you can say that it's a known issue, then you must have figured out what the OP is referring to (which, as you may have gathered, I haven't). What's the bug?

The two objects have had a Compound 'Add' command performed on them - this should give one solid object that has the same outline as the original two objects (seen in the Screenshot 1.png), unfortunately this not being done correctly and is causing the result seen in Screenshot 2.png whereby the wavy portion above the tear is being obliterated!

Thanks for that, but it works as expected here (hence my puzzlement).

AD_Only-Teardrops.afdesign

Alfred online2long.gif