Sign in to follow this  
jbeardstone

Menu "Modify in Photo/Designer"

Hi, 

I've discover while watching a podcast, that a guy can switch from Affinity Designer to Affinity Photo from an entry in file menu.

On my laptop, this menu is disabled. How could I enable it please ?

Thanks for you help !

Hi jbeardstone,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The command Edit in Designer/Photo menu is greyed out because currently Affinity Designer 1.5 is using an improved version of our native file format which is not compatible with the "older" Affinity Photo 1.4.3.

As soon as Photo 1.5 is out you should be able to use that command again (in a couple weeks).

Hi jbeardstone,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The command Edit in Designer/Photo menu is greyed out because currently Affinity Designer 1.5 is using an improved version of our native file format which is not compatible with the "older" Affinity Photo 1.4.3.

As soon as Photo 1.5 is out you should be able to use that command again (in a couple weeks).

Btw, what is the difference between Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo? My main interest is Photography, and maybe I should have bought the Affinity Photo instead!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I'll be waiting for next version !!!

Jb

Btw, what is the difference between Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo? My main interest is Photography, and maybe I should have bought the Affinity Photo instead!

Get Affinity Photo, it's really awesome !

My main interest is Photography, and maybe I should have bought the Affinity Photo instead!

It seems from your other posts that you're a Windows user. Affinity Photo on Windows is currently in public beta, and the latest version can be downloaded via the link in the first post to the thread which is pinned to the top of the Affinity Photo on Windows Beta forum.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)