You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Store Account Creation And Order/license Queries

• Staff

bleduc,

I have a question about this. Can I return a product to exchange it for the same product? The version I purchased has faulty behavior. I love the program, but some things are not working properly, so I need a more stable version of this product. Do you do exchanges, or should any bugs be addressed in the future updates?

Bugs will be addressed in future updates. Asking for a refund and expecting different behavior from a new download/installation is, well bizarre and not how software works. It's not like fruit where you can get an off one, they are all identical...

This thread is for account creation issues. Please create new threads in the "bugs on Windows" forum for anything that is reproducable.

If you genuinely want a refund contact affinityreturns@serif.com

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like there was a mixup with what I quoted, because I didn't mean to ask for a refund and still expect to use the software for free. I wanted to know if it was possible for a purchased product to be exchangeable. I meant, I would get a refund, and then re-purchase a more stable version.

Since future updates will come, then I don't mind waiting. I just didn't know what to do since I made a topic, and I haven't gotten a response yet. I wanted to be sure whether or not a return would be an appropriate option before the 14 day limit.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff

I thought you meant refund now and rebuy it now, like that would be a different fixed version. I think you meant rebuy it later, so my answer is either...

Yes get a refund and buy again when you want.

OR

No keep the software and wait for fixes that will come. However I cannot promise that your issues (whatever they happen to be) will be fixed soon.

So you may end up buying again in the future and refunding again if you still aren't satisfied. And doing so again and again until it does what you need... Yes that is fine by us, just a lot of hassle for you.

We wouldn't want you to buy the software if you don't think that it is worth the money you paid for it. But you have seen how much effort goes into addressing user concerns so it's your judgement call whether or not to keep the software.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I thought you meant refund now and rebuy it now, like that would be a different fixed version.

I actually did mean that, but I guess it was silly for me to think that since the products are not physical packages. Like you said earlier, they are all identical.

The software is definitely worth it, and yes, there is much support that goes on in the forum. And I love that. I will keep my product and wait patiently for upcoming updates. I just wanted to be sure about that exchange thing. Thank you.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hello @all!

Some days ago it was the first time ever I  heard about Affinity. (Shame on me! I`m a semi-professional in illustration...)

After some hours of reading reviews and lookin` tuts I couldn`t resist and bought af-photo and af-designer in one whuuush.

What can I say? I`m overwhelmed. These pieces of marvellous software are what I was looking for years and years and didn`t even know that. And more!

I own  ..s cs6 ext, ..llustrator, all ..agix-prods... [no names!] and more: nothing is as handsome, valuable, soft and so full of friendly genius as Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer!

Two days (and nearly nights) are over now. All I can say is: thank you for the musi... for your kindness to give away for less than 90 € such an enormous amount of high professional  possibilities in art of graphic and design and photo-working... 

Made me happy. (Pardon my english.)

Klaus, Heidelberg, Germany

Welcome to the forums, bud. And yes, they are excellent tools to have. Be sure to check out the Tutorials section here. There are so many tricks you may just discover.

Digital Software orders made from the Affinity Store can be installed by one user on any number of Windows PCs that are for the sole use of one person, OR on one computer for any number of users on it. 

I would like to buy & use something from Affinity Store which i would use from home-pc and from office-pc.

I will for sure be the only one to use the Affinity software but it is probable that my office PC will be used by others.

It is still okay for the license? (i thinks so, but just wanted to ask)

Hi there everybody ;-)

after beta-testing I just purchased a copy of Affinity Photo for Windows. In you special offer email you promised a macro-bonuspack will be included, which I now can't find in the customer downloadarea of your shop. Did anything go wrong with my order?

thanks(!)

Fair enough Patrick but with respect, I have been trying to get a hold of someone at Affinity/Serif now for over a month and can't seem to have anyone respond to my inquiries about an order that I placed back in November.  Out of desperation I posted on the forum to try and get some kind of response.

The "affinityorders@serif.com" doesn't work -when I try to open it I get a blank page.  I sent an e mail via hotmail to the link twice and still no response. So where do I go???

I have been receiving notifications for Affinity Photo but I'm not sure I want a product that has no support, regardless of the price.

Please respond and restore my faith because as noted I think the product itself is fabulous

I've include my original e mail to reference.

Sincerely 

Peter

Ok Folks this is the second e mail I have sent with no response from you guys.  The first one was a s follows:

Hello Affinity Designer crew;

Let me start by saying how very impressed I am with your product and my desire to support your endeavors in every way possible.  The word is out among my designer colleagues that your product is worthy and impressive.  I will continue to rant about your products to my friends.

I recently ordered (and paid for) your designer manual, an item that was long on my list of requests. However the order was placed on November 5.2016 (Order Number ABPCPZBNJW) and your terms stated 5 to 7 business days.

I live on a remote island off of Vancouver Island and I understand time moves a little more slowly here but it has now been roughly 20 business days.

Any chance you can track the location of this manual for me.

Much appreciated and thanks again for a superb product.

Because I can't find anywhere else to ask, how do I get an Affinity Photo 1.5 upgrade?  I purchased the software maybe 6 months ago, but I'm not sure if I got it from the Mac app store or the website.  I think the website, because I used a free trial first.  The app store does not give me the option to upgrade and the last I went to the website it did not give me a free upgrade option.  Please advise as I would like to take advantage of the upgrade as soon as possible.  Thanks.

Because I can't find anywhere else to ask, how do I get an Affinity Photo 1.5 upgrade?  I purchased the software maybe 6 months ago, but I'm not sure if I got it from the Mac app store or the website.  I think the website, because I used a free trial first.

If you are using a Mac & purchased AP, you had to get it from the Mac App Store -- that is the only place it is or has been sold.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to avoid using the forum for this, but unfortunately affinityorders@serif.com is lacking in the agility department. After 8-9 business days after my order I contacted them because I hadn't received my Workbook yet. They sent me a screenshot that sets the delivery date to January 4th (!).via Standard Int'l Shipping. The help page states very clearly that delivery would be in 5-7 business days, and I paid US$ 20 for it (that's half the price of the book).

I've contacted them again twice and they didn't bother to answer anymore. Perhaps someone here can help me understand what's going on?

Okay, now I demand a real answer. The due date has expired and I didn't receive the Workbook yet. I placed my order on nov 22. Look below. I emailed affinityorders@serif.com twice this week and got no answer. What's happening?

Serif, you are lying about your delivery dates and deceiving your customers. Unbelievable!!!

post-35651-0-19400400-1483617092_thumb.png

Okay, now I demand a real answer. The due date has expired and I didn't receive the Workbook yet. I placed my order on nov 22. Look below. I emailed affinityorders@serif.com twice this week and got no answer. What's happening?

Serif, you are lying about your delivery dates and deceiving your customers. Unbelievable!!!

So finally I received the book, 45 days after I ordered it. My congratulations to the team that designed it! Unfortunately I won't congratulate the Orders team. You need to make some changes if you want to be honest with your customers:

1) Stop saying that the internationaly shipping takes 5-7 business days. It doesn't.

2) Allow customers to track the order directly. Depending on someone taking a screen shot and sending an e-mail is nonsense. And it takes several days because you are so slow in replying.

3) Stop asking so much money (US$ 20) for 45-day shipping. You are charging premium for the slowest delivery around.

Hi,

I would like to buy an AP windows licence but I neither have a paypal account nor acredit card (and don't want both). Is there still a way to buy it? bank transfer? 

BTW great program. I'm really impressed what it does and how it performs even on an older pc.

And the price..........it feels a bit "unreal" but I'm very happy with that :)

Thank you!

So finally I received the book, 45 days after I ordered it.lowest delivery around.

That is very unusual, Rubs. I don't blame you for being frustrated for the really long delay and no response to either of your emails, but I don't believe you or anyone have been lied to or cheated on. Whatever caused both these problems, I'm sure there is something reasonable. I'm not trying to sound naive because this is very unfair to you, but I think we both know from our experience here that the staff is usually really good. I do think, however, you should be refunded for the shipping charges.

Is there still a way to buy it? bank transfer?

Until one of the staff sees your question, I welcome you to the forum.

Hi Everyone,

I sure hope that support can help with my issue as I usually do not have install problems with most software.

Affinity keeps rejecting the product key and email address. I logged into my affinity account copied the info from the page, re-started install several times and still is not allowing me access.  I then checked the emails, copied the info from there and still it will not accept the prod or email address.

I THEN handed typed it all with the same results.  I feel as if I have crossed into an Internet /software time warp where installs of software was a true pain in the arse!

Is there a work around for this or should  I just scrap this and get a refund.

I downloaded the win 151 and I more than meet the requirements for using the software.

thanks.

Snowite

• Staff

Snowite,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Sorry, but copying and pasting the key (and email address) from your order email should have worked. Please PM or email me the key (pconnor@serif.com) and I will sort this tomorrow.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I have sent 2 emails to corpsales@serif.com about corporate licensing.  I have not gotten a response, and I can find no other contact information like a phone number on the website.  We would really like to do a short evaluation of Affinity Photo for Windows and then purchase and roll it out to a group of 10 or so beta users.  Can someone please contact me?

Hello all,

I recently downloaded both Photo and designer using the free trial versions. I started using photo right away and then it was Christmas. Well my trials are up so I bought photo. But now I'm loving photo so much I would like to try designer. I tried to use my other email address to download again but once it installs it will verify and it said my trial is over. I'm totally cool with this but I was wondering how I can try it before I buy it, I really didn't use it.

Also when will the be a sale on designer like there is or was for photo?

Thanks