You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Store Account Creation And Order/license Queries

29 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

I'm not sure, but I found a website in which Apple computers are being sold for that same price. https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/apple-macbook-pro-14895432855.html

I still have no idea what you mean by "that same price" but at the current exchange rates for Indian Rupees that works out to about $400 USD. It seems very, very unlikely that any current or recent MacBook (model not identified other than it supposedly has an i& CPU) would be sold for that little by any reputable dealer.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I still have no idea what you mean by "that same price" but at the current exchange rates for Indian Rupees that works out to about $400 USD. It seems very, very unlikely that any current or recent MacBook (model not identified other than it supposedly has an i& CPU) would be sold for that little by any reputable dealer.

I meant that same number as what I said prior. Either way, I guess the full information of what my friend said remains a mystery.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

23 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

I meant that same number as what I said prior. Either way, I guess the full information of what my friend said remains a mystery.

As does its relevance to this discussion. :/

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 hours ago, R C-R said:

As does its relevance to this discussion. :/

I only brought it up because we were talking about Apple's pricing; not to bridge to other topics. But since NielsRay's concern was answered, it's squared away.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 4:19 AM, R C-R said:

Apple's per country pricing structure is not determined only by the currency exchange rate...

Haha - or, "Apple's per-country pricing structure is not determined only by the currency exchange rate... but by what they they can get away with... (both in terms of maxing out the price and avoiding tax)"

Anyway, just bought Affinity for Mac on Serif's 20% Christmas promo - looks great so far :) 

Happy New Year all!

2 minutes ago, NielsRey said:

Haha - or, "Apple's per-country pricing structure is not determined only by the currency exchange rate... but by what they they can get away with... (both in terms of maxing out the price and avoiding tax)"

Maybe so, but Apple is the largest tax payer on the planet. Plus, at least some U.S. states are very aggressive about collecting sales taxes from high volume businesses like Apple & will use any pretext (like a physical presence) to get their cut.

Affinity Photo 

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Maybe so, but Apple is the largest tax payer on the planet. Plus, at least some U.S. states are very aggressive about collecting sales taxes from high volume businesses like Apple & will use any pretext (like a physical presence) to get their cut.

Apple may be one of the largest tax payers on the planet, sadly not in the UK where they make a LOT of money on products which are generally the £ equivalent of $ (or worse).

And their pricing is frankly a rip-off - example - iPad in the US starts at $329, but in the UK it starts at £339. 

$329 = £245

£339 = $456

Ouch!

Like other companies, Apple pays corporate taxes on profits generated from operations in the countries where it has a physical presence. And like other companies, it also takes advantage of those countries' tax laws to minimize its tax bill. So you can blame their reduced UK corporate tax bill on UK tax laws, which currently allows them to run UK operations out of Jersey, taking advantage of its more favorable tax rate.

But until very recently, the situation in the US was unique in that US tax law made no distinction regarding where profits were made -- Apple's US tax bill was based on its worldwide profits, not just from US sources. However, US tax law also allows companies to defer payment of those taxes until the profits were "repatriated" into the US, which is why Apple kept so much of it offshore.

Point being that tax laws are extremely complicated, full of loopholes, & if you want something done about that, tell your lawmakers to fix it.

Affinity Photo