You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Store Account Creation And Order/license Queries

I now have tried twice to buy Affinity Photo with my VISA-card, but it only result in this message:
"Your payment has been declined by your payment provider. Please change your payment method and try again."

I now seen that others here have had the same problem with VISA-cards. Is'nt it possible to buy with VISA?

That's odd. I used Visa for both Designer and Photo. I'm sorry if it's a silly question, but did you try buying from the official places - App Store for Mac, or Affinity Store for Windows?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I don't know if there might be an issue with the Windows Store, but I did some research, and it sounds like the help that is closest to your problem is to contact affinityorders@serif.com.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

In addition, licenses are also good for reusing as long as they are for the same operating system. If you were switching from Windows to Mac, or Mac to Windows, then a new license would need to be purchased, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

Hi, I just purchased Designer after working with the demo for three days, honestly, I'm so impressed, there was no reason to wait any longer.

Is there a way to enter the serial number into my demo version? I've already made quite a few adjustments to it and would rather not do it again with the full version. But I would, if that's not possible. :-)

Great program, and very fair pricing, thank you very much! And goodbye, Adobe Illustrator...

8 minutes ago, SirWillibald said:

Is there a way to enter the serial number into my demo version?

Unfortunately, the trail version & the retail version are slightly different (because of the 10 day limit built into the trial & possibly a few other things), so there is no way to avoid downloading the retail version & entering the S/N to authorize it.

Regarding adjustments, I am not sure if this would work (because of the differences) but while you are still in the 10 day period of the trial version, I suggest exporting from it any custom brushes, text & vector style categories, asset categories, & so on, & saving any changes you have made to the keyboard shortcuts. You can then (I think) import them into the retail version, saving you the time & effort of setting all those things up manually. It is also useful to do this from time to time after you start using the retail version, because if you ever have to reset the app, which wipes out all that stuff, you can import those customizations back into the reset app.

One thing that can't be exported or saved is any changes you have made to the main toolbar. To help with that, I take a screenshot of the toolbar, which I can open in a window behind & above the Affinity one, & use it as a reference to reconfigure the toolbar with my preferred layout.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 2017-09-10 at 2:11 PM, PAI said:

I now have tried twice to buy Affinity Photo with my VISA-card, but it only result in this message:
"Your payment has been declined by your payment provider. Please change your payment method and try again."

I now seen that others here have had the same problem with VISA-cards. Is'nt it possible to buy with VISA?

Yes! I finally made it - I have bought Affinity Photo! :)
It was my bank that recently introduced a new security step that one have to unlock before buying with Visa on internet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Affinity Photo and Affinity Deisgner for Mac OS. I downloaded them from the App Store. I have just started using them, and tried to create an online account with your company, but I am only offered the option of logging in, and not the option of creating an account.

Please advise. Thank you.

George Charpentier

agcphoto

Saskatoon, Canada

• Staff

Hi agcphoto,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The Affinity Store only sells the Windows versions and the Affinity Designer Workbook. An account is created automatically for you when you make your first purchase there. If you are using a Mac there's no need to create an account (the apps for Mac are sold through the Mac App Store as you discovered) unless you want to purchase the Affinity Designer Workbook. In that case it will create an account for you when you make the purchase there.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michael Oeser said:

When I need to purchase my copy of AP in the Mac App Store how do I get a correct tax invoice and how can I use a differen creditcard (my businesscard) for the purchase?

Given that the Mac App Store is run by Apple, I think you need to ask them rather than Serif.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

15 minutes ago, Michael Oeser said:

True, but I´d like to purchase a software from Serif not from Apple ;)

Serif sells the Windows versions of their apps through their own Affinity Store, but the Mac versions are only available through the MAS.

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Serif sells the Windows versions of their apps through their own Affinity Store, but the Mac versions are only available through the MAS.

I know that but anyway I would like to know from the company that sells the software on a professional basis if there is an option to get a proper tax invoice and to pay with a payment method of my company. Shouldn´t be a big thing I assume.

5 minutes ago, Michael Oeser said:

I know that but anyway I would like to know from the company that sells the software on a professional basis if there is an option to get a proper tax invoice and to pay with a payment method of my company. Shouldn´t be a big thing I assume.

Understood, but the point is that Serif doesn't sell the Mac versions to end users like you and me: when you purchase one of the Mac apps, your contract is with Apple. In any case, this thread is for Affinity Store queries, so I think it would be best if you were to create a separate thread to ask about MAS invoices.

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...