You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Store Account Creation And Order/license Queries

Hello, since I don't have a PayPal account, I would like to buy my Affinity Photo licence with my e-card. It's a service from bank that provide me a "fake" credit card number that can only be used once. This "fake credit card" is linked to my bank account. It's transparent for the shop and avoid me to give my real credit card number on the web.

I've read on this forum that you first test the account by asking for a payment of around $1 then if everything is ok, you complete the process. I don't think that it would work with my e-card, since after the first call for payment, the cradit card number is desactivated...

Do you have a solution for me ?

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased and downloaded this product for my PC but I wanted to have it on my mac as well, is it possible for me to download the mac version on my mac without purchasing it again? When I first made the purchase I thought I could download both versions with one license but now I'm not so sure.

Hi C_Calmes,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Please send an e-mail to affinityorders@serif.com explaining this. They should be able to help you out.

Hi, I still have no news from Affinity orders .... :angry: . Maybe they don't want to sell...

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

I just purchased and downloaded this product for my PC but I wanted to have it on my mac as well, is it possible for me to download the mac version on my mac without purchasing it again? When I first made the purchase I thought I could download both versions with one license but now I'm not so sure.

Unfortunately not. One purchase per platform.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I have been using Affinity Designer on my mac since 2015. I just got a new PC, do I need to buy another license to install it on my PC? 

Also I don't seem to have ever created a user account when I initially bought AD and I'm not sure how to do it after the fact.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Hi AubreyN & welcome to the forums!

As bleduc mentioned above yes, you will need to buy a separate license for your PC.

Regarding user accounts, you already have one for the Affinity forums (because you can post here!) but if you buy either Affinity PC app (or the Designer Workbook) from the Affinity Store, you will need to create a separate user account for that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

If you don't already have an Affinity Store account, the account creation process will begin when you click on the 'Buy Now' button for the product that you want to purchase.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am insterestes in purchasing Affinity Designer for Mac, but cannot access the Mac App Store on my work Machine due to company firewall. Is there a way to purchase a Mac license without going through the Mac App Store?

I am afraid not. The App Store is the only way to purchase Affinity applications for Mac. 

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I am afraid not. The App Store is the only way to purchase Affinity applications for Mac. 

Thanks. If I purchase on another Mac through the app store, is it possible to get a copy for my work machine as well without using the App Store?

If I purchase on another Mac through the app store, is it possible to get a copy for my work machine as well without using the App Store?

Copy, yes. Use, probably not. This article about moving & copying MAS apps between Macs explains why.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

R C-R, I thought there was another topic where you said you can use Affinity applications on multiple machines as long they are on the same platform. Would one activation need to be deactivated for that?

R C-R, I thought there was another topic where you said you can use Affinity applications on multiple machines as long they are on the same platform. Would one activation need to be deactivated for that?

Deactivations are not required because (for non-commercial uses) you can install & use the Mac Affinity apps on any Mac you own or control without limit. The problem for Bendepew is activating the app copied to the work Mac. This generally requires entering the Apple ID used for the purchase & the OS "phoning home" to Apple to verify that purchase. If the company firewall blocks that, the purchase can't be verified or activated.

Affinity Photo 

@bleduc,

You can use it on another machines as long as you are signed-in with the same Apple ID used to buy the application,

This generally requires entering the Apple ID used for the purchase & the OS "phoning home" to Apple to verify that purchase. If the company firewall blocks that, the purchase can't be verified or activated.

Okay, this makes sense now.

Bendepew, would it be a pain to bring your own computer to work just for the graphic design portion and transfer files over to the main work computer with a flash drive?

Bendepew, would it be a pain to bring your own computer to work just for the graphic design portion and transfer files over to the main work computer with a flash drive?

That won't solve the authorization issue.

Affinity Photo 

• 2 weeks later...

I got several declines when attempting to use my debit card. All information was exactly the same as on my debit card so that wasn't the problem. Finally just went through pay pal.

Mua bán ô dù cafe giá rẻ nhất tại Hà Nội cung cấp dù lệch tâm vuông cho quán cà phê và nhà bạt di động bán hàng bên cạnh đó bán thềm BitcoinEthereum uy tín.

• Staff

Hi tlteel,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Each platform requires its own license since each one have specific requirements/constraints and require time/development resources. Most apps present on iOS/macOS also require a separate purchase, this is not uncommon. Currently you can get both apps at a discounted price: Affinity Photo for iPad is 30% off, while Affinity Photo for macOS is 20% off. Offer ends 29 June.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been trying to buy Affinity Designer for Windows and every time I try to an error pops up and says "Error: Payment card was declined." I've also tried to use PayPal, but all it did was take me back to the "Place Order" page. My information is correct, please help.

I now got Affinity, but I had to use a different credit card. Does Visa not work? It worked with my mastercard, but not with my visa card, well a visa gift card. Anyways, I got affinity designer and happy with it.

• 2 months later...