You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Store Account Creation And Order/license Queries

• Staff

Hi d_a_v_id,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you are not happy with your purchase you have 14 days to ask for a refund (Windows version). Check this link for more info. In any case we will have trials available for the latest 1.5 version (both Photo and Designer for Windows) soon. If you are using a Mac you can also ask for a refund through the Mac App Store.

Hello all,

I recently downloaded both Photo and designer using the free trial versions. I started using photo right away and then it was Christmas. Well my trials are up so I bought photo. But now I'm loving photo so much I would like to try designer. I tried to use my other email address to download again but once it installs it will verify and it said my trial is over. I'm totally cool with this but I was wondering how I can try it before I buy it, I really didn't use it.

Unfortunately, trials can only be used once per Affinity application. But if you really like Photo, I don't see why you won't like Designer. And as MEB answered above, you can return your product within 14 days if you are not satisfied. The option is up to you of course.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

you can return your product within 14 days

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of a 10-day trial period if the money-back guarantee period is longer than that.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of a 10-day trial period if the money-back guarantee period is longer than that.

It's a bit strange, but I always like to test a program out before buying it. Trials are more simple. Returns involve a bit more work and research depending on the manufacture's policy.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Returns involve a bit more work

Yes, they can do, but they should be pretty straightforward if the product was purchased via the Affinity Store (which is what this thread is about). I don't know what hoops Apple makes you jump through if you purchase via the MAS.

I still think the trial period is too short, especially given that it's ten consecutive days rather than just counting the individual days when you actually use the app.

Alfred spacer.png

Yes, I do think the trial needs to be a bit longer. I agree on that.

Hello all,

I recently downloaded both Photo and designer using the free trial versions. I started using photo right away and then it was Christmas. Well my trials are up so I bought photo. But now I'm loving photo so much I would like to try designer. I tried to use my other email address to download again but once it installs it will verify and it said my trial is over. I'm totally cool with this but I was wondering how I can try it before I buy it, I really didn't use it.

Also when will the be a sale on designer like there is or was for photo?

Thanks

Anyway I can try Designer again please?

Hi,

I would like to buy an AP windows licence but I neither have a paypal account nor acredit card (and don't want both). Is there still a way to buy it? bank transfer? 

BTW great program. I'm really impressed what it does and how it performs even on an older pc.

And the price..........it feels a bit "unreal" but I'm very happy with that :)

Thank you!

BUMP

still no one at serif who want a bit of my money?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an Affinity Store account, purchased it off the app store, is that the issue? I have already downloaded the newest version.

You only need an Affinity Store account if you want to purchase the AD workbook or the Windows versions. If you don't, there is no reason to have an account.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I am trialling Affinity photo on my macbook air and with a few days left in trial want to see if it works on my desktop (3.06 Ghz intel core 2 duo - running OSX 10.8.5) - when I clicked  on the downloaded file it wouldnt open. Then after I registered here to query - it did!

I'm stoked!

Continued with post so that others can see what works (system above ...etc)

It's not just that I'm in the 'seniors' category and like my bigger screen for multi layered and fine clipping work - it's also because my pension can more readily afford NZ$74.99 (that's US$53.80 by today's rate)!!

My old versions of Photoshop CS wont work on updated system and I think I can get my head round affinity quicker than GIMP.

Cheers.

P.S. like the tutorials

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the MAC version first.  I did not save my MAC key.  I am concerned because I am about to replace my MAC with a newer one.

There is no Mac key. All Mac App Store (MAS) purchases are linked to the Apple ID used to purchase them, so all you need to do to install Affinity (or any other app you bought through MAS) is to sign into MAS with that ID, go to the Purchased tab, & click the Install button next to the app.

This has been explained many times in this forum, including earlier in this topic.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, cernoel. :)

How many updates are included when i buy a Product? Are there only minor updates included?

All 'point' releases are free (so if you buy 1.5 there is nothing further to pay for 1.6, 1.7, etc).

Do i have to buy a new License if there is a new "major" Version out?

The licence is perpetual, so if you're happy with version 1.x there is no need for you to buy another one. If you want to benefit from the improvements and new features in 2.x you will have to buy a new licence.

Alfred spacer.png

How many updates are included when i buy a Product? Are there only minor updates included? Do i have to buy a new License if there is a new "major" Version out?

Thanks for your information!

If you buy a license, then all updates up until version 2 are free. 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, and so on are free. And I wouldn't say all of those updates are minor, because new features get added along the way. There have already been sneak peeks of the 1.6 features. There have been 2 new features revealed, but a staff member months ago did say that another would be implemented. I say it is well worth the purchase.

Thanks for that warm welcome! :)

Yeah i am now trying the demo the second day (.. now working with inkscape and gimp, but also knows the Ad*be tools) .. but your products rock!

i definately buy design and photo...

Will there be any discounts for "upgrading"?

Will there be a Linux Version sometimes?

• Staff

Hi cernoel,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are still far away from version 2.0 (the first paid upgrade) so this is not yet clear since currently the Mac App Store doesn't allow paid upgrades and the conditions must be the same on both platforms. But considering we already offer discounts from time to time i would say there will be some way to do it.

No, currently there's no Linux version planned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm a new forum user.

I bought Affinity Designer from the Mac App Store on Nov 21, 2016. Now I would like to ask what if I want to use on Windows. Can you please explain me please ?

Thanks You.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Paw Oo. :)

Affinity licences are only valid for a single platform. I'm afraid you have to buy a separate licence for Affinity Designer on Windows.

Alfred spacer.png