You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Empty space between the tools!

• 4 weeks later...

@MartinK I know you asked for space, but do you realise that you can add a Horizontal Line to break sections of tools?

View > Customize Tools... > Bottom Right icon > Drag to Toolbar

post-43096-0-73068700-1481912906_thumb.gif

This might be enough?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

@MartinK Wow, have not played with Photo much so far, so hadn't noticed that the separators don't exist.

How strange.

Hope the devs can add them.

And perhaps a transparent separator while they are at it?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

The separators are there, both in AD and AP. My problem: you can hardly identify them when in 'Customise Tools...' mode and they don't really 'separate' the tools in the toolbar.

You can also put separate Shape Tools in the toolbar in AP, just as in AD.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Looks like the separator didn't get translated into German. Attached how it looks with me. You have to look carefully, but it's there.

The first one is AD, the second AP:

post-1161-0-25058800-1481984910_thumb.png

post-1161-0-78719700-1481985019_thumb.png

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Looks like the separator didn't get translated into German. Attached how it looks with me. You have to look carefully, but it's there.

The first one is AD, the second AP:

Not only the seperator - the amount of tools available is 3x larger than in my screenshot ;) I don't think thats a language thing, rather: maybe you are on Mac, and it's not there (yet) on Windows? 

Not only the seperator - the amount of tools available is 3x larger than in my screenshot ;) I don't think thats a language thing, rather: maybe you are on Mac, and it's not there (yet) on Windows? 

No, it definitely isn't a language thing! I'm using UK English versions of the Affinity apps on Windows, and (as I indicated earlier) I have separate Shape Tool icons available in Designer but not in Photo.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Haha, i was only joking when i suggested it got lost in translation (but apparently my joke also got lost in translation). More likely this is related to the OS.

@Alfred:

"And perhaps separate Shape Tools, as in Designer."

Do you mean the possibility to make a textbox from a shape like in Designer?

No, I mean that in Affinity Designer you can add a separate icon for each shape tool (Rectangle, Donut, Cat, etc) but in Affinity Photo on Windows you can only add or remove the flyout which is there by default.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Da muss man ja schon Hellseher sein, um die Ursache für das Problem einzugrenzen, weil hier in der deutschen Version nichts fehlt.

Falls ein Reset nicht hilft, bitte direkt Serif anmailen oder einen Bug-Report schreiben.

Das ist recht eindeutig etwas, was unter Mac und Windows derzeit verschieden ist. Oder hast Du auch Windows? 

Ich denke nicht, dass es ein Bug ist. Das mit der Sprache war ja ein Witz.

Das ist recht eindeutig etwas, was unter Mac und Windows derzeit verschieden ist. Oder hast Du auch Windows? 

Ich denke nicht, dass es ein Bug ist. Das mit der Sprache war ja ein Witz.

Witze werden ohnehin ignoriert ;), aber wenn etwas fehlt, sollte es ein Bug sein. Und ja, Windoof haben wir auch.

Workaround: Einfach den Zeilen-Auswahlrahmen als Abstand nutzen, bis sich Serif gekümmert hat.

Maybe this is one problem. If I undock the tools I can't see all icons. Only a docked tools show me the separator. Using the latest AP Version unter macOS 10.12.2.

Hint: You can dock/undock tools by doubleclicking the name upper the icons or the free space under the icons in docked mode.

post-19128-0-54304000-1482053362.jpg
Using two separate lines should give you enough space between the icons.

post-19128-0-10191000-1482054478.png

post-19128-0-54304000-1482053362_thumb.jpg

post-19128-0-10191000-1482054478_thumb.png