You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installing Daub Essentials

The Daub Essentials Guide is just a gallery of the content included; it does not tell you how to install the files.

I managed to install the Papers and, after quite a lot of fiddling, the Inkers. However, no matter how often I hit Brushes Panel, Import Brushes and the relevant files, despite a 'success' message appearing each time, I cannot locate the Pastello, Pencils_MkII, Verve and Washes categories. (And I had to do Inkers twice before it appeared.)

Where are they? What have I done or not done? Am I using the wrong Affinity tool for them to appear in the Brushes Panel?

I managed to install the 'Box Set' and 'Grade UI' fine, so I am confused.

Neil

Pixel brushes appear in the Brushes panel in the Pixel Persona; vector ones in the Brushes panel in the Draw Persona.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi rushingabout,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To install DAUB_Papers assets, open Affinity Designer, go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Assets to display the Assets panel if it’s not displayed yet, click on the small menu icon on the top right of the Assets panel  and select Import Assets. Browse and select the DAUB_Papers.assets file from the dialog and click Open. The file will be imported as a new category (DAUB Papers) to the Assets panel. Click the dropdown in the Assets panel to switch between categories

To install the Grade UI Kit items check the PDF file QuickStart_Guide.pdf included in the ZIP file. It has instructions to install all the included items, including the Roboto and Roboto Condensed font families.

I also had trouble installing "Papers" as it kept crashing Affinity Designer, but I finally got it to work.

I was in the Draw Persona - kept crashing. Once I switched to Pixel Persona, it worked. 

So if anyone is tearing their hair out after a lot of crashes, switch to PIXEL PERSONA before installing papers (they are only available in the Pixel Persona anyways).  All the other items I was able to install in the Draw Persona, even if they are only available in Pixel mode.

(I'm on Win 10)