You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reverse Split View?

How do I reverse the Split View from After on the left side of the browser and Before on the right side of the browser so that the Before image is on the left side of the browser and the After image is on the right side of the browser?

Thank you.

V G

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that there hasn't been a response yet. On the bottom of the two views are two indicators. Click on an indicator, and then click on the view you desire from the context toolbar.

post-27616-0-09631700-1480479466_thumb.png

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

This has been requested in the past; hopefully when they overhaul the UI for version 2.0 (is my guess), if only to stop having to get forum request for a brighter UI

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi B

Thanks for the response and info.

I'm new on this program so bear with me . . .

I've got the two indicators . . . and found the context toolbar . . . but not seeing any view there to click on???

Can you give me another little nudge please!

Thank you.

Best,

V G

I've got the two indicators . . . and found the context toolbar . . . but not seeing any view there to click on???

I think Brian meant to point you towards the View Mode toolbar, not the Context toolbar. After clicking on one of the labels on either side of the split line, choose 'Pixel', 'Retina pixel' or 'Outline' view mode (or none of the above, if you want the Vector view).

post-8358-0-93140300-1480500859_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi B

Thanks for the response and info.

I'm new on this program so bear with me . . .

Thank you.

Best,

V G

Not a problem. I almost uploaded another screenshot too.  :P

What Alfred indicated in his post is the answer. Those three buttons on the top left of your workspace (not all the way left) are different view modes. With a button selected, the preview will be shown. Click the button again to go back.

Ronnyb,

Is this not working for you?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I think you misunderstood the original post. He's asking about the Before/After preview available for adjustments and filters...

Not a problem. I almost uploaded another screenshot too.  :P

What Alfred indicated in his post is the answer. Those three buttons on the top left of your workspace (not all the way left) are different view modes. With a button selected, the preview will be shown. Click the button again to go back.

Ronnyb,

Is this not working for you?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

I think you misunderstood the original post. He's asking about the Before/After preview available for adjustments and filters...

I can't find any reference to adjustments and filters in the original post, Ronny. As far as I can see, the OP only asked about changing the left-right ordering of the Split View.

Alfred spacer.png

The reference is in the "Before and After" part of the comment, which relates to previewing of Adjustments and Filters, activate-able via the little blue/gray split icon in the lower corner of their UI panel (if I recall correctly it I'm not in front of my laptop now). The Split View mode is an entirely different thing, although it shares the same vertically split UI.

I can't find any reference to adjustments and filters in the original post, Ronny. As far as I can see, the OP only asked about changing the left-right ordering of the Split View.

The reference is in the "Before and After" part of the comment, which relates to Preview of Adjustments and Filters, activate-able via the little blue/gray split icon in the lower corner (if I recall correctly it I'm not in front of my laptop now). The Split View mode is an entirely different thing, although it shares the same vertically split UI.

Ah, OK, I'm with you now! I didn't read it like that because of the OP's use of the term 'Split View', which is there as a menu option.

Alfred spacer.png

I'm confused. I can't test this since my beta expired, but there is another Split view in a UI panel?

Hi All

Thank you all for your input and responses but I must apologize because being very green with the program I incorrectly worded and used incorrect terminology in my original question.

I am not trying to reverse the Split view window but rather trying to reverse the Mirror view windows.

In Develop mode . . . with the Mirror view active and two full images . . .  I get the After image on the viewer's left side of the browser . . . and the Before image on the viewer's right side of the browser.

This seems counter intuitive to me as one normally reads from left to right and all my other browsers with before and after images show the before image on the left side of the viewer's browser and the after image on the right side of the viewer's browser.

Is it possible to reverse the images so the before image is on the viewer's left and the after image is on the viewer's right?

Again . . . apologies for the confusion I have created . . . and I hope I have clarified what I am trying to achieve!

Thanks to all for all assistance provided!

Best,

V G

I am not trying to reverse the Split view window but rather trying to reverse the Mirror view windows.

The Split View window is subject to the same restrictions as the Mirror View windows.

In Develop mode . . . with the Mirror view active and two full images . . .  I get the After image on the viewer's left side of the browser . . . and the Before image on the viewer's right side of the browser.

Until now, it wasn't clear which Affinity app you were using. Brian's instructions were based on the assumption that you were using Designer, not Photo.

As Ronny has indicated, there's currently no way to swap the panes of the 'Before/After' preview in Affinity Photo.

Alfred spacer.png

Okay, I get it now. When someone creates a new topic, it would be helpful to have the option to select which product the discussion is about. It is not always clear, and people often forget to mention it.

bleduc

Yes agreed . . . and my bad for not clarifying on my original post . . . rookie mistake . . . :(!

Alternatively one could precede one's post with . . .

AF:

or

AP:

or the forum could have an AF thread and an AP thread . . . lots of options.

Thanks for your comments and input!

Best,

V G

Alternatively one could precede one's post with . . .

AF:

or

AP:

I'm trying to cultivate a habit of referring to Affinity Photo as APh rather than AP, so that there is no confusion when Affinity Publisher (APu or APub) comes along. :)

Alfred spacer.png

I'm trying to cultivate a habit of referring to Affinity Photo as APh rather than AP, so that there is no confusion when Affinity Publisher (APu or APub) comes along. :)

For Publisher, maybe you should just stick with APub. APu sounds like a pee-yew.

For Publisher, maybe you should just stick with APub. APu sounds like a pee-yew.

:lol:

Alfred spacer.png