You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is very exciting

I am an aged amateur photographer who started using Serif Photoplus when I first got into digital photography, but then graduated to Photoshop until Adobe moved to their software rental approach, when I re-tried Photoplus.

I found it adequate for my needs, but my no means as powerful as Photoshop CS4 which I had been using.

After a short time using the Affinity Photo public beta I find that it is at least as good as Photoshop for my needs, and in fact is probably better. For me, the single biggest advantage over Photoplus is the accessibility and useabilty of channels, particularly in being able to easily produce intricate detailed masks for such things as leafy branches or complex architecture against a sky.

Although my own interest is in photo editing I get the impression that Photo is equally competent in the more creative areas of digital artwork, and so for me it appears to be a winner, and we're in the early beta testing stage so far.

Well done Serif.

Hello,

My daughter got for her laptop PhotoPlus and what her Papa as Photoshop users had seen was already very good, it was already the right way. Now with AffinityPhoto and Designer and next year Publisher will be a big deal.

The Serif team has already done a good thing, much success.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.