You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5.0 - Beta 12)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes, improvements
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download: 1.5 Beta 12 Here

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it should be considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity in which you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity Photo 1.5 cannot be opened in Photo 1.4 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.5 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.4 version.

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

It's also worth noting that this beta is completely file-format compatible with the recently released Affinity Designer 1.5.3 in the Mac App Store - although the above disclaimer still applies!

Improvements & Fixes

- Remember 16/32 bit develop output preference.
- Plugins now work properly in 32bit mode.
- Fixed HDR crashes with small documents.
- New “Intensity” mode for “Select Sampled Colour”.
- Resize document defaults to bilinear sampling.
- Fixed some more focus / HDR merge crash cases.
- Fixed weird colours with 16bit plugins.
- Fixed Nik Viveza plugin crashes.
- Fixed white scroll bars in develop persona.
- Fixed lens metadata issues.
- Improve preview of develop denoise.
- Create full-scale develop denoise preview in idle time.
- Various other develop improvements.
- Support for RightFont app.
- Added ability to hide left / right studios - assignable shortcuts.
- LAB plugins are supported.
- Support import of 32bit unbounded TIFF.
- Support compressed DNG RAW.
- Fixed significant issues with TIFF / RAW import.
- Fixed batch export issue where global sandbox access was required.
- Dodge / Burn support for 32bit.
- 3D Effect fixes.
- Bevel / Emboss Effect fixes.
- Preferences dialog - cosmetic fixes.

- Small cosmetic improvements.
- Improved localisations.

We are currently fixing forum-reported bugs / implementing other small improvements. We are also considering the integration of a couple of other features which we have been cooking for some time - more about that soon..

The RC is still scheduled for early next week.

Thanks again for taking the time to use this beta!

Affinity Photo Team  :ph34r:

- Added ability to hide left / right studios - assignable shortcuts.

Oh Andy!

You have made my day.  Thank you! Thank you!! And thank you again.

I have been waiting for this for a long time.

I have assigned Shift + Left Arrow for the left studio panel and Shift + Right Arrow for the right studio panel and it works beautifully  :).

Really appreciative of you and your team.

Edited:  The best part is that this works across all personas.  Really great!!! If Serif Affinity was on the stock market, I would buy more shares today.  Thanks again guys.

Have a great day.

Nana 

When developing a raw file I tried to use the overlay with the gradient tool and it was oh so sluggish bordering on the unusable (in fact is was unusable as far as I am concerned). Dragging the gradient out was very painful, there was a big lag between dragging and the tool responding on screen. After a restart things are better but there is still a very noticeable time lag between dragging and having the gradient react.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks

Colin

Further update. It is not consistent. It is either very bad or just plain not good :-) I am back in LR for raw editing at the moment.

I have 4 photos that I'm successfully making a panorama with on version 1.4.3 but this beta does not create a successful panorama using these same photos.  I gather that the codebase has changed and apparently in the process something has broken with panorama generation. I have been generating panoramas of a large group of people and just today with this beta I'm getting what I can only call ugly results for a few of the faces.  I've been very happy doing panoramas of large groups of people with version 1.4.3 but this beta (soon to be RC!) is not ready to be used for this sort of process.  I can provide the files that I've used if this is needed to work out what's happening.  

I'm having the same problem Nikos reported. The panorama was created and cropped to opaque. Then I opened the Develop Persona and the difference was dramatic. The attached images are screen grabs of roughly the same part of the panorama.

Edit: Just tried to correct the underexposure in the Develop Persona and found using exposure, black point and brightness controls I was not able to adjust the exposure back to the original. Using Beta 12.

post-34080-0-58428800-1479773358_thumb.png

post-34080-0-79680500-1479773410_thumb.png

- Support for RightFont app.

Fantastic! Thank you!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.