You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

7 hours ago, Patrick M said:

I am assuming all of the vector drawings and graphics that are compatible with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator will also be compatible with Affinity Design and Photo. 

That's not a good assumption, especially the part about Illustrator. Many vector files on the stock sites that are EPS, for example, are not pure EPS but are EPS that contains an Illustrator .ai file, which the Affinity applications cannot process. 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 hours ago, Patrick M said:

I am assuming all of the vector drawings and graphics that are compatible with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator will also be compatible with Affinity Design and Photo.

No, not necessarily, see what Walt already told above. - Further (re)using SVG/PDF vector file formats is mostly better granted to work to some degree here, than Ai/EPS files.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

The Architecture drawings / graphic say: Software compatibility: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS3 or newer. Affinity Photo and Designer. CorelDRAW. + PNG files are suitable with almost every graphic software. I saved them to my desktop in a file, open the file and I can see each individual pieces are separate and grouped. I selected all, and dragged them into the Assets, in a new category I created. I can see they are in there, but when I tap on one, it does not open and I cannot see them as individual pieces of the architecture furniture. I will keep working on it. At least I can open the file and copy and paste. It is just not in the saved assets. Thanks

2 hours ago, Patrick M said:

PNG files are suitable with almost every graphic software. I saved them to my desktop in a file, open the file and I can see each individual pieces are separate and grouped. I selected all, and dragged them into the Assets, in a new category I created. I can see they are in there, but when I tap on one, it does not open and I cannot see them as individual pieces of the architecture furniture.

PNGs are no vector files, those are pixel/bitmap files and should be usable nearly everywhere. - For the assets, not sure what and how you did it, but usually if something is composed out of several parts and grouped, you would select the group in the layers panel and add it to the assets category via an assets panel three lines short cut menu entry. And as far as something is in an assets category, dragging that out onto the canvas should copy the whole into the place where dragged to (the layers panel should then contain that asset again as a group of items).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2