You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta - 1.5.0.38 (Windows)

Pressure sensitivity is MUCH better now, there is a nice flow between line thickness when changing pressure as you draw. However, I can only seem to get line thickness working with pressure. I can't get any fade at all. Not sure if this is down to the app or if there's a setting for it.

The jitter for brush strokes seems to be gone, just the aliasing letting it down atm. EDIT: On closer inspection there seems to be a lot of interpolation creating straight edges when drawing a circle or curved line quickly.

Yes, i did not report as when drawing very fast, some other softwares would do those straight/polygonals lines. Not ideal though.

Brush strokes with basic brushes especially are still not looking good on my wacom cintiq companion. Since it is painting that I am mainly interested in I am still unable to review the software properly as it is just not useful to me like this. The strokes may be less jagged but they are far from smooth and have an unpleasant almost marching ant look to them when drawing full screen. I hope this can be fixed soon and maybe stabilisation options added for brush strokes as the rest of the software looks promising.

Drawing engine is going probably to be rewritten, so, I wouldn't go too far. The tool can be amazing for illustrators, and at an affordable price if that gets fixed.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

I enabled the pressure options in the brush settings (take a look at the attached image) Is there other option that I need enable?

I'm also getting the same issue with my wacom tablet, despite setting pressure control on the brush the size does not respond accordingly as if I'm using a mouse....

What happens when you enable the "Force Pressure" button on the context bar?

Nothing happens Mark, as if I'm using a mouse not able to draw light to heavy strokes depending on pressure applied. It was like this since the 1st beta up to the latest beta released. I've played around with the other options seems to work fine except the pressure setting. Please refer to the video link for your reference. PC: Win 7 64bit, 8BG ram intel core i7. Using WACOM CTH-480.

https://www.facebook.com/john.constantin.sawan/videos/1301892179831782/

The new Installer have a little bug for me, if you minimze the window and the installer reload the window because it go to the next step it put the Installer on the left side of the screen.

I made a Video (like always).

You should skip the Video a bit, because the Installer is very slow -_-.... I did use the repair function to show it again, because I had it already updated.

https://youtu.be/J_BDxmhMpgY

Could take a bit, that the Video is online ~500Mb is not less <_<.... German Upload speed sucks under 1MB/s.

If you understand something not correct, I can explain it in German. Just ask :)

Nothing happens Mark, as if I'm using a mouse not able to draw light to heavy strokes depending on pressure applied. It was like this since the 1st beta up to the latest beta released. I've played around with the other options seems to work fine except the pressure setting. Please refer to the video link for your reference. PC: Win 7 64bit, 8BG ram intel core i7. Using WACOM CTH-480.

https://www.facebook.com/john.constantin.sawan/videos/1301892179831782/

In your wacom panel (at Windows Settings), have you tried varying pressure sensitivity, maybe trying very high sensitivity setting? (heck, or even the opposite, very firm. )

Also, some people have experienced solving issues by disabling "Use Wacom Ink" setting in your Wacom Panel (icon is at Windows Settings). This setting is at "mapping" in your wacom panel/window. 

Another thing. First to all that, I recommend you to add the application (for example, Affinity Photo) in your wacom panel, and do all optimizations required for AP there.  Who knows, it might also help in solving the problem, as things related to tablet's drivers and sensitivity tend to be quite complex.

Edit: Following some weird logic, I just thought of an idea: trying  -imo after all above is tried- to disable, if is that possible -I don't know as my wacom is not touch- the touch feature. Might be only detecting it as non pen, who knows... My bet is sth of the above, though.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

In your wacom panel (at Windows Settings), have you tried varying pressure sensitivity, maybe trying very high sensitivity setting? (heck, or even the opposite, very firm. )

Also, some people have experienced solving issues by disabling "Use Wacom Ink" setting in your Wacom Panel (icon is at Windows Settings). This setting is at "mapping" in your wacom panel/window. 

Another thing. First to all that, I recommend you to add the application (for example, Affinity Photo) in your wacom panel, and do all optimizations required for AP there.  Who knows, it might also help in solving the problem, as things related to tablet's drivers and sensitivity tend to be quite complex.

Edit: Following some weird logic, I just thought of an idea: trying  -imo after all above is tried- to disable, if is that possible -I don't know as my wacom is not touch- the touch feature. Might be only detecting it as non pen, who knows... My bet is sth of the above, though.

I have done that as well, same result...

KiheiMan

• photo-thumb-32186.gif?_r=1479206783
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

It's getting better for sure, but I would like to bring to Affinity developers a plugin issue.

............. Then trying to use it I get an error about needing editable transparency (screenshot #1) which I don't understand - nothing is locked, no other filters active ...

I got the same error about needing editable transparency when trying to use the Remask 5 Topaz plugin. I didn't understand it either and could not find a way to get around the error message.

Color replacement brush is not able to colorize or tint whites with the replacement color preferred, coloring effect is very poor also not able to pick color precisely to match target from an existing color of an image as a color source since color picker has a very wide size please provide an eye dropper tool for precise color picking instead.

post-29963-0-03381800-1479972183_thumb.jpg