You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am having a problem using the Vector Crop Tool. I am using Affinity Designer version 1.5.0.36 but I had the same problem with the Beta version.  On the tool bar I am seeing "Move to Back", "Back One", "Forward One" . "Move to Front", and "Convert to Curves".  This seems like the tool bar for layers rather than the Vector Crop Tool and the screen does not look like the one in your tutorial.  When I try to do a crop the image moves with the mouse leaving behind a transparent part of the new image. What should I do?

- Geoffrey Lindop

I suspect you are looking at the tutorial for the crop tool in Affinity Photo, not Designer. The top toolbar always have the same items in it (for the selected persona). The Context toolbar below it has options that vary with the tool. The tool & context options are different for the document-based crop tool in Photo vs. the vector-based one in Designer.

In Designer, the Context toolbar for the vector crop tool is empty. Refer to the status bar (at the bottom of the window) for an abbreviated set of instructions for how to use it, or to the built-in help system.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7