You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Start and open file needs to be faster

From a professional standpoint where we open the app many times a day and open plenty of files all day long, app startup time needs to be considerably faster, and opening files could be faster also.

We have plenty of huge psd files with tons of groups, layers and such. Will try to do some benchmarks.

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

• Staff

Thanks, we are always trying to improve the speed of our applications. We are likely to spend more time on making sure we load our own files faster but PSD import is still important for us. 

Thanks Tony. We have years of psd pipeline and in all honestly without important psd support and development we would not consider affinity. Great works dudes keep it up this is very refreshing in this autodesk/adobe world !

Why not deferring some stuff ? Filters and such could be loaded only once the UI is up, in background non blocking threads

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.