You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do you mean all on one page? 

If so it would just mean creating a document the size for all 4. So if they are 5x7 the document would be 10x14 and have two on top and two pics below or a verticle strip would be 5x28.

I hope I understood correctly?

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

• 1 month later...

I don't know how to do it if "in one shot" means "in a single operation", but it isn't too onerous to load a picture, resize the canvas, duplicate the picture and reposition it, and then duplicate and reposition the two copies. The Resize Canvas dialog has the width and height linked by default, so you just need to type *2 in either of the boxes (with the top left or any other corner set as the anchor); when Snapping is turned on, the duplicates that you create will easily slide into the correct positions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just put them in one Artboard together and your set

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

The OP is using Photo, not Designer, so there are no artboards.

if so - transfer the pictures to the Affinity designer.

But I fail to understand / see the problem.

Just put the 4 pictures on a page and print it. 

Where ist the problem?

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

if so - transfer the pictures to the Affinity designer.

The OP may not have Affinity Designer ...

But I fail to understand / see the problem.

Just put the 4 pictures on a page and print it. 

Where ist the problem?

... but I agree with you!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Do you mean all on one page? 

If so it would just mean creating a document the size for all 4. So if they are 5x7 the document would be 10x14 and have two on top and two pics below or a verticle strip would be 5x28.

I hope I understood correctly?

Hi, there.

Quick, question. Is there any way in Photo to print a set of four passport pictures at once? or two 5 x 7's, etc.?

https://youtu.be/ZI0kavnOx80

here your are

Allan

Thanks for your fine comments.  I can follow your suggestions and seem very logical.  I just was asking for a sort of template that can do the trick. I know at least a program that has that feature.  I guess that I have to reformulate the question:

Is there any macro/trick/method in Photo to print 4 passport pictures at once?

It is still not clear to me why anyone would ever need a macro to place four pictures on a page to print but anyhow -

you can record your own macro in AP as explained in this excellent videos:

https://youtu.be/1gihPdmYPV0

https://youtu.be/nweR7_osNdM

Well. This is not a case, but suppose that I have a kiosk taking id photos.  Transferring image to Designer seems un-elegant to me. Lightroom has that feature. Not only that one but many other templates, such as printing two 5 x 7 in one 8.5 * 11 sheet.  Or to print a whole bunch of wallet-size, etc. For pros this is a common task.

Thanks for sharing the macro recording video.

Well. This is not a case, but suppose that I have a kiosk taking id photos.  Transferring image to Designer seems un-elegant to me. Lightroom has that feature. Not only that one but many other templates, such as printing two 5 x 7 in one 8.5 * 11 sheet.  Or to print a whole bunch of wallet-size, etc. For pros this is a common task.

Thanks for sharing the macro recording video.

In that very case a macro has more functionality then a simple template as the automatization factor with a macro is higher then with a sole template - basically a well designed macro may include a template and cover at the same time the rest of the task.

• 1 month later...

A bit late to the game but I needed a template for a UK passport - so I created this Designer/Photo template (attached to post) if it's of any use to anyone... All you need to do is 'Place' and resize your image to fit, duplicate and position, then drop each image into the relevant 'Row X Pos X' slot to mask it.

DHAdHTQ.jpg

Ps. Remember to switch off the guides layer before printing or exporting!

Disclaimer: Please ensure you check that the photo complies with current requirements - this is just a template I used to gain a passport, things may change etc etc...

PassPort Photo UK Template.afdesign

If you're in the US, you can do this the simple way.

Edit your photo in AP, save it, then go to this website https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photo-composition-template.html

The tool is on the rhs of the page "start photo tool"

Skill Level: Beginner, digital photography, digital editing, lighting.

Equipment: Consumer grade. Sony Nex5n, Nikon D5100, (16MP sony sensors)

Paid Software: Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Lightroom4

Free Software: NIK collection, Sony CaptureOne9, Cyberlink PhotoDirector6, Hugin, ImageJ, MS Ice, Davinci Resolve

Computer: Win10 home, CPU Skylake I7-6700, GPU Saphire HD7850 1G, Plextor SSD

• 10 months later...
On 2/20/2017 at 3:09 PM, mmuller said:

A bit late to the game but I needed a template for a UK passport - so I created this Designer/Photo template (attached to post) if it's of any use to anyone... All you need to do is 'Place' and resize your image to fit, duplicate and position, then drop each image into the relevant 'Row X Pos X' slot to mask it.

DHAdHTQ.jpg

Ps. Remember to switch off the guides layer before printing or exporting!

Disclaimer: Please ensure you check that the photo complies with current requirements - this is just a template I used to gain a passport, things may change etc etc...

PassPort Photo UK Template.afdesign

mmuller,

Thank you for sharing!

Matthew

• 2 years later...

Thanks MTR,

I was hoping that this was exactly what I wanted after paying £7 for 4 passport photos.

Not sure if I've missed something, but I was hoping that there was going to be a transparent background and that I would position the grid over a photo, that could be resized to fit within the grid. The turn off the grid and print?

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, I have Affinity Phot, Designer and Publisher.