Sign in to follow this  
katie.e

Plug-ins won't add

I had the Nik collection installed for months and then today it was is they weren't installed. Under preferences and plug-ins there weren't any recognized plug-ins. I've tried redownloading and installing them again, I've even tried reinstalling Affinity. When I click "add" under plug-in search folders and choose the folder, nothing adds to the box. It remains blank. I've followed these instructions (

)%C2"> (the same I used when I installed months ago), but I still can't get anything to actually add to the plug-in search folders box. 

Where is the Nic collection stored on your computer? Presumably it's in your application folder. I might asked what version of AP you are using. If you have not downloaded the 1.5.0 (RC1) beta version I would suggest you do. I am using this version with very little problems. In fact I have just downloaded an up to date version of the Nic collection and it installed perfectly and what's more all of the collection now works fine which it didn't until I moved to the latest beta update. Try installing this version and re-adding the collection, I think you may find everything ok.

I've tried the new version, but I'm having the same problem. It just won't let me add any plug-ins. The Nik Collection is stored under the applications folder. 

That's strange that you can't see anything. So, you are now running the AP 1.5 beta version, Is that running ok for you first of all? Are you running mac or windows? If you can't see anything at all, it seems it's not the software. Obviously the software can't locate the folder. Is the Nic collection folder sitting on it's own in the application folder and not nested at all and are you selecting the whole folder and not the individual items in it? I know this possibly sounds daft but just need it cover all things. If you are selecting the whole Nic folder, there's no reason for it not to find it. Also are you ticking the " allow unknown" plugins to be used at the bottom of the plugin preference pane?