Shalom3

Problem with brushes

Hallo,

today I bought Affinity Designer. I wanted to create a custom brush. I set its properties in dialog window Brush editing. In Brush panel I see the shape correct, but if I will apply the brush to a curve just get a continuous line.

I also noticed that some buttons in Brush editing window do not work. Values in the text boxes can not be changed. In attached screen it is marked with red frame.

Probably also does not work Reset button. I tried to edit some brushes in Basic category. I thought that Reset button returns the original shape.

If I apply a solid brush with pressure from Basic caterory the strength brush stroke is unchanged.

post-32875-0-92650500-1479591669_thumb.jpg

I have the same question: is the pressure supported on Windows? All other programs I have tried support pressure, including the Affinity Photo Beta, but the Affinity Designer just draws a straight line. Also, when using the stylus, Affinity draws random lines from time to time. Is this a known limitation of the current Windows port? Is this worked on?

Hallo,

today I bought Affinity Designer. I wanted to create a custom brush. I set its properties in dialog window Brush editing. In Brush panel I see the shape correct, but if I will apply the brush to a curve just get a continuous line.

I also noticed that some buttons in Brush editing window do not work. Values in the text boxes can not be changed. In attached screen it is marked with red frame.

Probably also does not work Reset button. I tried to edit some brushes in Basic category. I thought that Reset button returns the original shape.

If I apply a solid brush with pressure from Basic caterory the strength brush stroke is unchanged.

Hi Shalom3,

Firstly are you using a Graphics Tablet or Mouse?

Looking at your screenshot you have the variance set to use Velocity when determining how much to vary by. This means the slower you move your pen or mouse, the less variance you will get and the faster you move the more you will get. This can be overrun using the context toolbar, so you can also change it to pressure if you are using a tablet and wish to control it like that.

Regarding the items in the Red box that cannot be changed that is because you have created a Solid Brush so cannot apply images to your brush. Had you created a Textured Intensity Brush or Textured Image Brush these would be selectable and applicable.

Lastly regarding the Reset button at the moment this will reset any changes that were made whilst you had the dialog open - and not to reset the entire brush. This is currently known and is with development.