You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DNG much lighter when loaded in Develop Persona then in other programs

Hi everyone,

I have looked around to find discussions on the subject and found none. So if it is an old known subject, please delete.

I have found that DNG files when loaded in the Develop Persona, without changes, are quit lighter then when loaded in other programs like XnView, FastStone and Camera Raw.

The attached files were captured via CTRL Prn Screen and saved via Photoshop CC

My system:

Windows 10 Home

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

Memory: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

post-41014-0-50076300-1479570595_thumb.jpg

post-41014-0-02451000-1479570597_thumb.jpg

post-41014-0-85816000-1479570598_thumb.jpg

May the light be with you!

Pierre

Hi pdophoto

Each app does apply a different tone curve due to the nature of the raw enginge. Some use information from the camera profile which we currently do not. I'm glad you managed to find a method that makes the image appear more acceptable for you though

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi pdophoto

Each app does apply a different tone curve due to the nature of the raw enginge. Some use information from the camera profile which we currently do not. I'm glad you managed to find a method that makes the image appear more acceptable for you though

Thanks Chris for your reply.

I need to adapt to Affinity Photo from Photoshop CC.

So, with this resolve and when presets from the Develop Persona are repaired, I think thing will run smoothly for raw development.

Thanks again,

May the light be with you!

Pierre

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.