Hi Sean,

Thank you for you reply. I tried exporting to different locations as well.

Very busy today, so I was thinking to try reinstalling the product (next week) and see if it helps.

Could it be a software conflict?

Will you be willing to connect to my pc via teamviewer some time?

Thank you for the assistance so far.

I'm enjoying the design experience on AD very much.

Hi Luko

It may well be something that is running at the same time that is conflicting. Could you press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to bring up Task Manager and attached screenshots of the 'Start-up' tab as well as the contents of the 'Details' tab.

You could also try creating a new user account on your PC if you wish and try to see if that helps.

Unfortunately due to reasons outside of my control remote support is not possible.

Hi,

I received an email message that this bug will be fixed with the next windows release.

When will the next release be available?

Thank you.

When will the next release be available?

The 1.5.1.41 customer beta is available now.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Alfred,

I downloaded the new beta. Still gives the same error.

I see on the Fixes list there is mention of "Changed PDF Export to convert 32-bit images to 8-bit".

But not to problem I'm having. Please advise.

Should I uninstall  1.5.0.36 first?

Thank you.

HUH.

Weird.  I'm able to export ALL of your samples to PDF. Which settings are you s using?  I am using the more professional settings for print. PDF/x and all the typical things so that go great in print companies.  Might be that the issue is only with an specific PDF version ? It has a lot of versions as able to export. PDF/x flavors tend to be the safest for print.

Using latest Customer Beta, 1.5.1.41.

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

My settings (sorry, I realize not exactly the ideal, as I was testing rare cases yesterday with another person with PDF problems in export , as this matter is IMO absolutely key. ) . But still, settings that are safer than mere non configured pdf export ) :

post-31469-0-09559300-1480521400_thumb.png

post-31469-0-38427900-1480521399_thumb.png

Export went to a sub folder of My Documents.  I run Windows (7, Home Premium , 64 bits) with administrator rights.

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

okay, now I used several of the presets Affinity has for pdf export :

-PDF for print

-PDF/X-1a 

-PDF/X-3

-PDF/X-4

-"PDF for web"

-"PDF (flatten)"

All work here. Testing your native AD files with just  the word Affinity in the center. Your files :  Affinity.afdesign and test.afdesign

EDIT: Also tried to export to a desktop folder. No problems....

Hi SrPx,

It is weird. I have tried all the settings, same error. But should all the settings not work anyway?

I bought two copies of AD. I installed one copy at work and one at home. These two PC's running different versions of Windows. Windows 7 and Windows 10. Both give the same error. I installed the second copy on a second pc at work, also the same error.

I love the software, just this one problem I'm having.

Patrick Connor answered me in an email stating the they have resolved this problem and will make the fix available in the next Windows release. Now I'm not sure if he was referring the beta I tried today or a non beta release.

EDIT: About some details below (hadn't yet seen your last post) 

You have quite some stuff loaded both in processes and services (or maybe that i keep it too much to a minimum) . I would, at least for the sake of reducing the possibilities and so to hunt the issue, stop several things and then try. 

That "Fiery" something, if I am not wrong is sort of a software for handling a printing spool. Might that file got stuck in the spool somehow, and if is "having " it, Windows might not permit access to it. I would "exit" or "close" that application (and if restart, again, as it is surely loaded in start up) , as well as closing totally corel draw at least while doing the test. Bit defender as well, as you never know... And I mean closing totally the applications first, then check the task manager to see if there are still processes of that, if so, "kill" them. Also, I have not browsed carefully all those services, but you have the fiery thing running as service as well. I'd stop it before the test. (again, that one sure launches at start, too) . And anything that could have had some interaction with the actual file (print spool handlers, other editing softwares, viewer, etc) 

Then I would make the try again of exporting the file. 

It is really what i would do... In my humble capabilities...

I'd personally be interested in know if the culprit is some process or service...

Is there a software you are installing in all machines (seems bit defender is one: I'd kill all the processes and services related to it at least for the moment of testing. )

That Fiery something spool software, is installed in all the machines ?

Are the machines having exact same hardware?  (IMO, not due to the hardware, but in case some driver / utility that came with it is installed in the 3...) 

HUH.

Weird.  I'm able to export ALL of your samples to PDF. Which settings are you s using?  I am using the more professional settings for print. PDF/x and all the typical things so that go great in print companies.  Might be that the issue is only with an specific PDF version ? It has a lot of versions as able to export. PDF/x flavors tend to be the safest for print.

Using latest Customer Beta, 1.5.1.41.

Slightly off topic but is PDF-X better than PDF for print... Just send some designs for production.

In terms of the export it does really sound like a software conflict I would SrPx suggestions and maybe try safe mode

All that is installed on all machines is Coreldraw and Bitdefender. I'm not ruling out the fiery software, but I don not have that installed on my pc at home, I think it is unlikely that could be the one causing the problem. I have to not tried to disable bitdefender. I will try that tonight and let you know.

Slightly off topic but is PDF-X better than PDF for print... Just send some designs for production.

Yes, it is. PDF/X restricts the content of the document to print-related elements, but there are also numerous other considerations.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

All that is installed on all machines is Coreldraw and Bitdefender. I'm not ruling out the fiery software, but I don not have that installed on my pc at home, I think it is unlikely that could be the one causing the problem. I have to not tried to disable bitdefender. I will try that tonight and let you know.

I would kill the fiery thing, and absolutely all that is not essential for the system. At least for a test. Is the only way to help you go then -once you get it exporting well- one by one reactivating stuff to see which was the culprit....

Thank you for everyone's input. I uninstalled bitdefender on my windows 10 pc. I uninstalled AD as well. Restarted, installed AD 1.5.0.36 again. I'm still getting that same error. Looks like it is not Bitdefender. I will troubleshoot on other processes some more. If someone can post ideal document setup and pdf export settings.

have you tired exporting a file with a different file name?   (for the native file, and the exported pdf)

If is not that, yep, you'd rathe go killing all processes not being your own system ones, and same with services -stopping them.  

Be careful with what you kill and stop, though. (google can help you knowing about specific processes)

Hi All,

Just did a fresh install of Windows. I used to have Windows 7, but upgraded now to Windows 10.

After the Windows 10 installation and updates, I installed AD first. The pdf export work perfectly.

After that I installed Bitdefender Internet Security. Still worked fine. After that I installed the following:

Teamviewer, Xerox Command Work Station, Office 365 and Foxit PDF Reader. Now I have the same

problem again. I specifically installed Foxit PDF Reader instead of of Adobe Acrobat Reader, because

I felt Adobe might be the problem. Now I'm not sure.Please if anyone can assist.

Can you use the Windows system restore points feature to go back to the moment previous to install FoxIt, and see what happens ? Just uninstalling might not do the deal -but try that, first-  as in windows software installations often some libraries are left behind, as well as some registry entries and other stuff (a good app provides a great uninstaller and allows a full uninstall later on, but is usually not as clean and good as in a Mac)...  (everything can be removed manually, but the average user wouldn't know)  using the restore points is by far the best solution (it can serve you even to kill a virus infection!). Specially if you care to manually set those restore points before installing an application, as am not sure it does it with every single installation by default. Even if you have to reinstall a pair of programs, that's no big issue, at all.

There is a large range of freely available PDF readers, not just Foxit and Adobe's : You can try others. 

I'm wondering if is there sth going on with your graphic card driver or sth....

IMO, just do it in "scientific"  way, eliminating possible causes one by one, one step at a time. Start with the latest, this pdf reader, uninstall it first, see if still you have the issue. If disappears, you can then just search for a pdf reader that wont conflict with your system or other software. If it doesn't, do the restore point thing am telling you, to go to the previous moment to installing Foxit. If that wouldn't do, do same process with the application you did before that reader... This is why when setting up a work machine is good to go testing functionality of main stuff after each application install, so you know for sure the culprit when sth happens. But this wonderful feature, the restore points, will totally help you there.   :)