Sign in to follow this  
SarahMills

Wacom Cintiq pen non-responsive once file created

Hi, 

Purchased Affinity Designer last night after using the beta and being really impressed. However, I probably should have tested it with my Cintiq first... 

Using my Cintiq 24HD. I can open Affinity Designer and the pen works just fine until I try to create a new file. As soon as the new file is created the pen goes non-responsive, only the mouse works. I can't shut the application with the pen, or make any movements or UI selections.. it's just dead on the screen. 

I'm running Windows 10, everything up to date. 

Latest Wacom driver

Windows Ink is turned on, if I turn it off the pen goes non-responsive. So that doesn't appear to be an option either. 

Would love a solution to this, as if I can't get it working with a pen it's pretty much useless to me. Quite sad about this as I really want to use it !

Thanks,

Sarah

Set up if required for reference: 

Intel i7 3.07GHz · 18GB DDR3 · HDD: 2x500GB · Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2048 - Dell U2515H (main) · Nvidia GTX 750 1048 - Cintiq 24HD (secondary) · Windows 10 (64) ·  Portable: Surface Pro 2 256GB

A  restart seemed to get this working. The pen feels a bit wobbly, but that might just be me needing to get the settings right on my own custom brushes. 

Set up if required for reference: 

Intel i7 3.07GHz · 18GB DDR3 · HDD: 2x500GB · Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2048 - Dell U2515H (main) · Nvidia GTX 750 1048 - Cintiq 24HD (secondary) · Windows 10 (64) ·  Portable: Surface Pro 2 256GB