You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to include equations in a Designer document?

Hi,

I have just bought Designer because I have loved the Photo editor and the interface of Designer looks really smart, and the tools very rich and convenient. 

I need an illustration app for designing simple scientific diagrams containing curves, surfaces and also equations, and with other software I use Latex-it (https://www.chachatelier.fr/latexit/) which used Latex to typeset equations and can export them in PDF or copy them to the clipboard. Unfortunately, Designer does not seem to accept PDF from the clipboard, even if it is able to "place" pdf files on the page. But saving first the equation from Latex-it, and then importing it in Designer is a pain (because, generally, I have several equations in each diagram). SO, my questions:

- Can Designer paste PDF (am I doing something wrong)? Can this be implemented?

- If not, do you have another solution for easily incorporating nice equations in your drawings in Designer?

Any idea? If I cannot have a solution, I will have to continue to stick with my older software (EazyDraw) because it can paste PDF.

OK, so, following your message, I have checked again. In fact Designer pastes my equation, but in a microscopic style, so I could not see it at all in the screen. Also, pasting as a standard PDF object does not work. I can only paste PDF with vectorized polices and in this case Designer considers each component (letter etc.) of the equation as a separate object and puts them on a different layer. If I do not have the reflex of grouping them as a first operation, I can easily mess with the equation id I try to move it or scale it (because the mouse only moves a specific letter of the equation in this case). This works al least, even if this is not really convenient.

Oups, I have the impression that my first reply where I was thanking Paolo has not been sent. Strange. Thank you very much Paolo! Thanks to your suggestion I have taken out my loop  :-)  and been able to locate the microscopic text pasted at the top left corner of the page !

I do not know Paolo,

Pdf itself is vector based, so Designer should be able to adjust its size and I do not get this in Eazydraw. But, I will continue to explore this issue. I hope that I will find a way to get Designer paste the PDF as one object and not as a collection of many individual signs and curves...