You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ESC Key

Dear Serif Team,

First of all I'ld like to congratulate you for a great work and a fantastic marketing! ;)

I always had an eye on your products, but unfortunately never tried it. Now with the new Affinity line I'll give you a try.

I'm testing since Monday AP and found many bugs, which most of them are already posted on the forum.

One of them I couldn't find here - I often use the ESC key to cancel an action or a tool like the crop tool, mesh warp tool etc. or even a new selection (e.g. with a free hand selection tool).

Unfortunately it doesn't work (eg. like in PS) and I hope this is just a bug and not a new feature. The ENTER key for apply works eg. for the crop tool, but not for other tools.

Nevertheless AP is a great software and goes to the right direction, keep on going!! :)

Cheers!

Zoki

Is ESC a synonym (in Windows) for CTRL Z? CTRL Z is normally used for undo and that's what I've been using in AP Windows Beta. As commented above it seems to work for some tools but not all.

I don't see it as being a bug really, so "feature request" seems fair.

John

Yes, it should cancel an existing operation, at least if there is already an Apply and Cancel Button in the left upper corner. Also it should be possible to apply an operation with the ENTER key. For me it's native to use ESC and ENTER in such cases, because it's usually implemented in lot of other Apps. By the way, when I press ESC after a selection, then Clear selection appers in the Histoty tab, but nothing happens, that's way I thought it's maybe a bug. Apropos, what's the difference between Clear Selection and Deselect (CTRL+D)?