Brett Stebbins

Jumping Font List Issue

Whenever I use the font list in the Character Tab it jumps around when I try rolling over font names. Also, it will sometimes not preview the right font when I am hovering over the name in the font list, especially after it has been jumping around. See attached video of the issue. I am using Affinity Designer 1.5.3.

Jumping Font List.mov

image.png.3c3c2ce8f4c4c6dedb635b5849559ab0.png

Experiencing same.

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Secondary Samsung SyncMaster B2430 display, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || USB keyboard, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball, Wacom Pro Large tablet

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

*sigh* I've just realised that this is only broken from the Character panel - we thought we'd fixed it, but we had only fixed it for the font list on the Context Toolbar (along the top), sorry... :( 

We'll get this sorted out asap, please accept my apologies in the meantime,

Matt

Had it too. Updated, never again.

Don't get too frustrated. I am sure they will fix it. No application, not even the ones Adobe makes, is not without its share of bugs. Any software that is being developed and growing will always have bugs that need to be dealt with.

image.png.3c3c2ce8f4c4c6dedb635b5849559ab0.png

*sigh* I've just realised that this is only broken from the Character panel - we thought we'd fixed it, but we had only fixed it for the font list on the Context Toolbar (along the top), sorry... :(

We'll get this sorted out asap, please accept my apologies in the meantime,

Matt

Any update on when this will be fixed?

Hi sirpsychosexy,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, this was already fixed for both the context toolbar and character panel in the latest Beta 1.5.5 (beta1) which you can get from here. Just remember to keep the Mac App Store version installed since its needed to validate/run the Beta. Alternatively just wait for the next Mac App Store update.