You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font finder/Manager - Designer and Photo

In photoshop or even text applications like Word you can select a font by typing its name in the font search field. For example I want the font Myriad Pro .. I type "M" and the fonts if the initial M appears . In Affinity Photo/designer you have to go looking for the font, if you have many is a boring job. CorelDraw have really good font manager too... 

Could be just like him. Or be able to select different ways to find fonts. I for example use only some fonts, so a font manager like photoshop is good for me. On the other hand, for my wife the ideial would be an equal to the coreldraw she is a freelancer designer and works with several fonts types.

CorelDraw font finder has preview of the fonts, which is great when working on several projects. I think it would be perfect for the Affinity Designer.

Untitled.png

coreldraw_graphics_suite_x8_9-100650296-

more or less.... In the example I press "M", although going in session "M" the list starts in the wrong place. The first font with the letter M appears in last, almost erased. Could the list begin with the letter.

But the best would be to type the name, as in the example "myr" ..

If I have 30 fonts with the letter "M", it's kind of hard to find. 

dddd.png

• 8 months later...

Agree.

Honestly, the way Illustrator does this seems much less problematic than the way AD currently does.

If one opens the drop-down, one is taken to the spot in the font list where that font lives; this is great for when scrolling through and trying out different typefaces systematically (in AD, it always takes one back to the top of the list).

If one starts typing, the font list starts showing only results containing those characters in that order (whether or not they're at the beginning of the typeface name — so one can type "con" and all fonts containing that sequence show up... not just ones starting con, but also ones that contain "condensed"; I find this hugely helpful). (in AD, typing opens up the dropdown and... if typing fast enough... will take one to fonts starting with that string only).

Both of these functions make finding fonts in a list of hundreds much easier. Maybe something like these could be implemented?

There are several different threads making requests like this... and this kind of interface function seems much more fundamental a need than some of the advanced operations showing up on the feature roadmap.

Wow...you guys are fast. I hope the day when Version 1.6 is coming out, there will be a few unexpected improvements that will surprise me. Can't wait. I hope the release will not take longer than 2 months ^_^ Great works guys. Now I know, there will be better overviews with fonts. So happy :)