You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Support for the standard OS X color picker

pat

A lot of apps have a custom way of dealing with colors, just like Affinity Designer. But most of those app also support the native OS X color picker, c.f. by giving a simple shortcut in the menu like "Show Colors" to open it.

The color picker is an app that's been around for years. Many of us have vast collections of palettes for our projects in this app. With apps like Hues and Colors Pro plus the huge amount of plugins which is available for it, it's still happen to be one of the best ways to manage colors and get in them in our designs.

In short: In my eyes this is a mandatory addition.

Have all of your image editing "Adjustments"in one panel [brightness, contrast, definition, enhancement, sharpen, crop] . . . etc, and have it stay open, and any newly selected photo's profile drops into it, ready for adjustment. In photos, ALL of their values interplay, and we need to see and adjust easily. Yes, I know it can be done in iPhoto, but a final page with many photos requires a lot of work to make them all work together. I create collages with as many as thirty photos and captions per page, and it takes a lot of time to get a final, balanced copy. I'm new at Affinity, and it looks great, but for that reason I cannot use it.

• Staff

It's also worth remembering that if you're looking for your lists of palettes that you've made in other programs, then these are already available from the drop down in the default setup in the Swatches panel. Also, you are able to create and modify system-level palettes there too - so there's no real downside unless you are particularly fond of the system colour picker itself (which I am not) and if you do really want to use it, then at least it's just one menu click away :)