AlainP

Wacom tablet problem

Just bought and installed AD a few hours ago. I noticed the following bug. When I use the Wacom tablet any tool I use have the same "regular Windows" arrow as the brush tip. This happen also in Affinity Photo Beta. If I move the mouse just a bit the icon "brush tip" becomes normal and indicate the tool in use. If I select another tool with the Wacom tablet the icon reverts back to the regular arrow, whatever tool I use it remains the same.

I'm not 100% sure, but after trying the beta versions of AD and AP for many days.... I think that I did not have this problem before I installed the just released version of AD. But I wouldn't bet on that.

I have a Wacom Bamboo with the latest drivers. In all other graphic programs I use, like Photoshop and Corel Painter, I don't have this problem. It happens only in AD and AP.

Thanks for your help.

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Hopefully... I noticed that if I uncheck "Use Windows Ink" in the Wacom setup the cursor works exactly as it should. But then.. I loose pressure sensitivity.

Hi,

I just purchased Affinity Designer to find out the pressure sensitivity is not working. Don't know if I should make a new thread. I'm on Winsows 7 64bit, tried all the relevant setting... I hope this will get fixed before the money back guarantee period is over.

Hi,

I just purchased Affinity Designer to find out the pressure sensitivity is not working. Don't know if I should make a new thread. I'm on Winsows 7 64bit, tried all the relevant setting... I hope this will get fixed before the money back guarantee period is over.

Have you tried changing the Controller on the context bar to "Pressure"?

Yes I did. All that worked is unchecking "Use Windows Ink" in the Wacom app. Then the cursor works as expected... but then... you loose pressure sensitivity. So that's not much better. The problem is that when you select another tool or option, the cursor has to change to a "regular arrow" as it has to, but when you get back to the working area it stays the same, it does not change back to the "tool icon" in use.

Have you tried changing the Controller on the context bar to "Pressure"?

Yes, not working, and I'm on Windows 7 so I don't think there's any Windows Ink to uncheck for me. 

I use Wacom CTL-470 on Windows 10 Aniversary and I have problem with command.

- When I am using brush tool why I cannot use Ctrl+a for select all, I have to switch to move tool before and then Ctrl+a will be working. I think it take too more steps for selecting all?

I use Wacom CTL-470 on Windows 10 Aniversary and I have problem with command.

- When I am using brush tool why I cannot use Ctrl+a for select all, I have to switch to move tool before and then Ctrl+a will be working. I think it take too more steps for selecting all?

I would say that this is not a bug, and that is has nothing to do with the Wacom tablet. It works like that on my system with or without my Wacom tablet. And I think that's the way it should work. When you are on a layer containing a curve made with the vector brush or the pen tool Ctrl-A select all the nodes on the line. If you are on a layer containing anything but a curve Ctrl-A select everything.

Hi.

I have Graphire4, and I see the same problem with the cursor. Similarly, if I use the mouse, everything works fine.

But it's not so scary. Just look what happens when I hold the Alt key! And Ctrl ... Again, if I use the mouse then all is well.

In other programs (PaintTool SAI, Adobe Photoshop, Blender 3d, Krita)  my tablet works perfectly.

post-34938-0-49336900-1479663232_thumb.gif

Acer Aspire V5-573G 

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4200 CPU @ 1,60 GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM: 8.00 Gb

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M    

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Windows 10, latest build, on an oldish Toshiba laptop. I have a WACOM tablet, an Intuos 3 which I attach via USB. 

Leaving the tablet disconnected, first trial is just using the glide pad on the laptop.

Another issue with a WACOM tablet..... Here's what I did ..

Detach tablet. Start Designer from a tile. I previously turned off the welcome screen with its ugly sample graphics.

File New - new document dialog, with all the default settings. Click OK. New document appears.

Try a few things, all seems good.

I attach the tablet, and Designer immediately crashes.

Leaving the tablet attached, start Designer again.

File>New, OK as before, but using the stylus on the tablet. Get a document. As soon as I move the pointer using the stylus, Designer crashes.

The detail of the exception is pasted below - luckily I have VS 2010 installed on this machine.

System.OverflowException was unhandled

HResult=-2146233066

Message=Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Source=Serif.Affinity

StackTrace:

at Serif.Affinity.Application.HandlePointerInput(MSG msg)

at Serif.Affinity.Application.ComponentDispatcher_ThreadFilterMessage(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.ComponentDispatcherThread.RaiseThreadMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)

at Designer.Application.Main(String[] args)

InnerException: 

I'm pretty sure I tried using the tablet with the beta, so this is surprising.

I have found that turning off "Use Windows Ink" resolves a number of problems. Such as the tool icons not displaying properly when using the Wacom and this also enables the pens buttons to work as well, which was my major gripe. See path below.

Wacom Properties > Mapping > Use Windows Ink > Turn it off.

There have been changes to the way AD handles tablets in the latest customer beta (v1.5.1.43).

These resolved my issues with Wacom Graphire USB.

Try for yourself and see if the situation is resolved.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Hi! 

Problem with the cursor and holding the Alt/Ctrl keys (see above) has been solved! 

Everything works correctly. Good job! Thank you.

However, I have to use the beta version (1.5.1.43) instead of release. :)

Acer Aspire V5-573G 

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4200 CPU @ 1,60 GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM: 8.00 Gb

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M    

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics Family

works sometimes fine, but if you change anything like colour or brush options with the wacom, it will stop working correctly and you will see the mouse cursor again in current version 1.5.1.43 on windows

works sometimes fine, but if you change anything like colour or brush options with the wacom, it will stop working correctly and you will see the mouse cursor again in current version 1.5.1.43 on windows

I've just been trying to reproduce this but I'm not having any luck. Do you have any definitive steps to reproduce? Does anyone else find this is happening?